🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Some reason nobody has looked at my offer...
Page options
kcoagency
Community Member

Some reason nobody has looked at my offers for 2 months! Are they being hid by Upwork?

When I first signed up I got 3 offers in two days. That was 2 months ago. Since then I have applied for over 60 jobs and not one inquiry or offer. I really find this odd. I have years of experience and I do not believe it is because of my profile and work. I have over 20 years experience. Something is really wrong here and I feel that Upwork isn't doing anything about it espeically after I have asked them twice, now 3 times to look into it. Soon as I started paying the monthly fee $14.99 the offers STOPPED. Anyone have a solution?

10 REPLIES 10
tta192
Community Member

Once you started paying the monthly fee you were able to hide your earnings. That's one thing which may drive clients off.

All your jobs are private and none of them are completed, meaning you've got no feedback to show yet!

You need to COMPLETE at least a few jobs and receive good feedback for clients to consider you.

Is anyone looking at your profile? there's a difference between submitting proposals and getting no profile views, versus getting views but no replies.

kcoagency
Community Member

All my jobs ARE complete.
I don't know how to see if people are viewing my offers. How do I do that?

@kcoagency wrote:

Kelly,

All four of your jobs are labeled as "in progress". If you've been paid, that's one thing, but if the jobs are not officially closed by the client, you will not receive feedback and any kind of JSS, which many clients use as a search parameter.

As was mentiooned, some clients shy away from a freelancer with payments marked private - it's a rather useless feature anyway, because it's not all that difficult to find out what the budgets were by viewing the original job posts.

Spend some time with the menus/submenus on your account page ... you'll find some answers as to profile views there.

re: "I don't know how to see if people are viewing my offers. How do I do that?"

I don't think there is any way to know that.

All proposals are delivered to clients.

That doesn't mean that all proposals are viewed.

Some proposals may never even be seen.

Not every client is going to click the additional clicks necessary to view all of the proposals they receive.

sergio-soria
Community Member

Upwork changed the free plans for clients, making them pay for some stuff they used to have for free, such as invitations (now they are limited), certain reports, etc. This pissed many clients off and I guess some of them made accounts in other similar websites. Therefore they publish the same offer here and there. If they find a freelancer in other platform they don't get back here to check their posts. This was somehow a frequent practice before but now I believe it has become widespread. I mean, clients used to have Upwork as a primary source and now that has changed.

Kelly A wrote:

I guess you completed the jobs but your profile reads "4 jobs in progress", this means those contracts are open. If they remain open you never get feedback from those clients and instead it looks like you are very busy still working on those 4 jobs. Once a job is completed you should ask the client to close the contract. That will prompt them automatically to a page where they leave you feedback, and optionally they can write a couple words about their experience with you. Then you will do the same, leave feedback for them, and optionally write about your experience with them. The system is double-blind so both parties need to complete the step for the feedback to appear, otherwise it appears after 15 days. The feedback is what helps you build the Job Success Score, and eventually get you to the top-rated status. Also this feedback is usually checked out by your prospective clients. If they don't see good testimonials you have less chances to win. Some people let contracts open for months and years, and they pile up, this could be detrimental for JSS calculation.

There is no way to see if your proposals are being viewed, but if you go to your "My Stats" you will see your "Marketing effectiveness". This somehow gives you an idea if people are watching your profile or not, though it's not necessarily related to clients watching it.

I think you should check this page. There are many articles and videos there about how the system works. You must be aware of it.

a_lipsey
Community Member

I know you think your profile isn't the issue, but I think it could use some revising. It doesn't really make you stand out as unique. The suggestion I have is: if you could go through your profile and just as well replace your name with someone else's, then edit it. Speak to the things that are unique to you and what the benefit is of working with you. You have some of that already; I think you just need to cull it down to the most salient points. And make sure to list any achievements, high-level clients, important projects, so your track record is obvious.  

Amanda L wrote:

The suggestion I have is: if you could go through your profile and just as well replace your name with someone else's, then edit it. Speak to the things that are unique to you and what the benefit is of working with you.

That's a brilliant suggestion!

richard_wein
Community Member

Hi Kelly. Three offers in your first two days is extremely unusual. No offers replies for two months is perfectly normal, especially when you don't have any Upwork reviews yet. I think that your exceptionally good start may have given you a misleading idea about how easy/difficult it would be to get work on Upwork.

2a05aa63
Community Member

Kelly A,
If you live in the US, how can you have a Conversational English level? I bet that scared people off. It should be native or at least fluent!

It DOES say fluent!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths