cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some refunds should not be pending

Chan N Member Since: Aug 26, 2014
1 of 6
Based on what I understand of the pay schedule, if the client is charged in Monday of Week 2 and the freelancer gives a refund of Monday's charge before the following Wednesday (in Week 3), then the refund should be completed immediately and not pending. I don't believe that oDesk should treat this refund the same as refunds of previous work weeks. For oDesk staff, please see support request #3181136 for the confusion this has caused for your support agent and myself. Thanks, Chan
Victor S Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
2 of 6

I know what you're saying Chan,

two weeks later my refund is still pending.

I am wondering how come, as I pay every Monday.

This is not fair and I will move my business from here.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Victor,

I am sorry about the delay. However, in order for the refund to be processed the freelancer who issued it has to have sufficient amount on his or her Upwork account. Additionally, 6-days security period applies to all the transactions on Upwork including refunds.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Faheem K Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
4 of 6

Don't you think - Security period of 6 days a big long - elance has reduced it to 1 day i believe.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
5 of 6

Actually, they just increased it to three.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

re: "security period of 6 days a bit long"

If a 6-day security period is necessary to make sure that money is valid and hasn't been fraudulently sent by scammers, then no, 6 days isn't too long.

Upwork won't work for a any of us if scammers can set up client/contractor arrangements, pay a "contractor" for work, have that money withdrawn, and then the money is found to be from a stolen credit card or something and has to be returned, leaving Upwork without the money but the "client" and "contractor" splitting the stolen money.

If you are not happy with the recently increased security period at eLance and the security period in place at Upwork, blame the scammers who thought they would use Upwork for their own personal ATM machine.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS