🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Some suggested updates to keep Upwork Pla...
Page options
rationalobserver
Community Member

Some suggested updates to keep Upwork Platform sustainable

As you know, customer feedback can take a long time after a job posting is published. Or no feedback at all.

In addition, I would like to explain some of the factors that harm the market within the platform with the boosted propasal feature:

• Boosted Proposal: In addition to causing imbalance in the market, the loss of time caused by a customer who posts a job and forgets it mentally exhausts all freelancers.

• The customer does not look back after posting a job posting, and even if he does, the communication with freelancers is very slow and slow.

• I got a job from a job posting and this happened after about 17 days.

Solutions, advantages and disadvantages:

• Boosted Proposal should be removed. This creates a fairer environment within the platform. Apart from this, the servers may need to be updated as the data traffic within the platform will increase.

• If the customer has not opened a contract with any freelancer within 24 hours of posting a job posting, the job posting should be unpublished and the connection points of all freelancers applying for that job posting must be restored. Because a freelancer's long wait in this process causes mental fatigue and financial loss. In this platform, people who really need someone contact a freelancer directly and speed up the contract creation process. Disadvantageous competition process will be shortened and data traffic within the site will increase a little more.

As I said, I do not find it right to share a job posting for job posting. The platform needs to evolve and reflect on such time-wasting issues!

5 REPLIES 5
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

What do you mean by "sharing a job posting for job posting"?

Doing something for the sake of having done it, but not doing anyone any good.

lysis10
Community Member

So you think jobs should be removed if someone doesn't hire within 24 hours? lol Is this satire? I'm really bad at satire. I feel like this is a TheUpworkOnion post.

the-right-writer
Community Member

"Boosted Proposal: In addition to causing imbalance in the market, the loss of time caused by a customer who posts a job and forgets it mentally exhausts all freelancers."

Upwork needs the income. It is not going away. Consider it a business expense. Every platform charges something.

"If the customer has not opened a contract with any freelancer within 24 hours of posting a job posting, the job posting should be unpublished and the connection points of all freelancers applying for that job posting must be restored."

I can't believe you don't realize this is not sustainability, this is the end of most freelancers careers. There is a note that pops up at times that says the average client hires in three days, or something similar. Any time limit harms every freelancer, including you, and will anger most of the clients. I have been in rounds of discussions for days before being hired as different aspects were brought into the project discussed and then discussed further another day. Communication takes time, and that is if the client has decided immediately. What if you receive 50+ proposals? No, do not bring down the platform.

Community Member

I agree with you on most points except time limit to increase to 5-7 days.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths