cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone asking me to use my account to post jobs on their behalf.

jb2584
Joshua B Member Since: Nov 14, 2018
1 of 4

I'm positive this is a scam, so I wanted to make the community aware of it.

I was recently contacted by someone promising $850 bi-weekly to create a client account and post jobs on their behalf. They said that because Upwork has a maximum amount of jobs they can post, they needed to recruit others to post for them.

I would like to send the specific user to the proper channels so that they get banned.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Joshua, 

You may flag the user's job post, and the team will review it accordingly. Alternatively, you can send it to me as a private message with details of your exchanges with this client so that I can file a comprehensive report about it. 

I'll wait for your message!

~ Avery
Upwork
maxx6262
Maxime L Member Since: Nov 14, 2018
3 of 4

MMhh I think I found the same. He want buy my account and use it by teamviewer...

No lucky because he was author of a lot af jobs on these I purpose :/

a_kuntsi
Ace Contributor
Anneli K Member Since: Aug 1, 2018
4 of 4

Hi Joshua,

I'm sure Upwork will handle this proper way - good that you mentioned and warned others.

Client account is created by your own profile and by accepting this you would have been involved in who knows what with your own name and photo and as bonus almost certainly been violation Upworks ToS. 

You probably knew this but I write it down to everyone that never ever let anyone use your profile directly or indirectly. 

Plus 1700 $ per month only for posting jobs - absolutely something weird going on.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS