🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Someone is impersonating my company
Page options
faf3f5a5
Community Member

Someone is impersonating my company

This post is impersonating my company.  **Edited for community guidelines**

I have gotten several messages from freelancers wanting to apply. I am not able to report this post, as the option doesn't show up for me. 

This is the second posting in a week by this same client.  Can you please help me get it removed?  

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this report, Julie.

I'll share it with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes as soon as possible. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
faf3f5a5
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your help. 

Unfortunately, this job is still posted.  Can you look into it for us, please?

Julie

Julie:
In case it helps, you should understand that this is not something you need to take personally.

Scammers have a standard script and operating protocol that they use in order to scam newbie freelancers out of money.

The scammers copy the names of companies and company employees off of the Internet. They do this in order enhance their scam, in the hope that the freelancers will Google the company names and believe that the job offers are real.

Your company is NOT the target of any of this.

Your company name will be used only for a short time, and then the scammers will move on to using other company names.

There is nothing that you can do to prevent this.

You are not responsible for this.

The job posting will be removed because it is a fraudulent job posting. But your company name may be used again by scammers on other freelance work platforms, and it may be used again in years to come on this platform.

My advice to you and the employees of your company would be to understand that you haven't done anything wrong or made any sort of mistakes that caused this to happen.

I always strongly advise Upwork freelancers to NOT pester the employees of the companies whose names are used like this, and to NOT call or contact them.

If anybody DOES call somebody at your company, don't spend time on the call. Simply tell them: "No, we are not hiring through Upwork at this time. Thank you for calling." Then hang up. Do not engage these freelancers in conversation.

Hi Julie, 

I'll send you a private message with information we aren't able to share publicly. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members