🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Someone is using my identity to use upwor...
Page options
27813dd5
Community Member

Someone is using my identity to use upwork

Hello Everyone,
Good Day to you...

I've found out that someone is using my picture and my details from a CV to create a upwork account.
how do i report that account to make it disabled or take ownership?

I'm now at huge privacy risk!
please help me out.

I can provide every details needed for my identity verification purposes.
clearly he won't be able to provide the details.

13 REPLIES 13
data_divas
Community Member

Hi!  To start with I'd go to the profile and flag it, the place to do that is in the upper right hand corner.  A mod shoud be along shortly to help you further.

So sorry, what a pain!

Hey Julie, I think a similar situation is happening with me, I got a notification from google saying my password has been breached and I followed it back to this site. Any help is much appreciated.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Please click on my name here and send me a private message with more information so that I can look into this, and file a report accordingly. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d278e931
Community Member

Oops I meant the above post to go to you Avery! Thank you!

Hi Hunter,

Please click on my name to send me a private message with more information so that I can look into this for you. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
27906dbc
Community Member

Hello

**Edited for community guidelines**     

This profile is using someone else with my name and my information. I don't have access to the account and email id of this. Please transfer this profile to my official email or close this account. I can send you all documents for verification. Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, Mahima.

We will escalate this to the correct team for further investigation and will take action as per our internal processes.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7b64f46d
Community Member

Please, there's someone using my photo and id, with an email that I dont have access.

How can I send to upwork disable this profile?
Thank you.

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Take heart.  Once I had a picture posted on my account (taken from a dating site through mechanisms clearly not my own)....

I took the simple step.  And called customer support.   There are dozens, perhaps hundreds of Upwork professionals who staff the chat line, will respond on average in <2 minutes, and who take to heart Trust and Security Questions.

It really bothered me, this violation of trust that resulted in this.  That was the best picture I have ever taken, but clearly not for Upwork consumption.  Ah, the stories of life.  In a couple years, this will be one.

Contact contractor support.  They are incredible in their response.

Boomer - who loves ice cream
(a nick name given to me on this site.  I kind of like it.  The picture had to go, though.  Good memory now.).

🙂

can you please provide customer support number? i need to talk to someone on this matter.

Hi Ground,

There are many ways on how you can get support on Upwork. You can find the “Get Help” button at the bottom of every help article and the search results page. You can also get help from our chatbot by clicking the “Chat with Support Bot” button found in the help center. You can also send us a message on any official Upwork social media profiles with more details and one of our agents will be able to assist you further. For the direct links to our social media profiles please check the footer section of the Upwork website or the Community as shown in this screenshot.

Regarding your report, could you please send me a private message with more information so that I can assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

re: "i need to talk to someone on this matter."

Tell us what the matter is.

We love to talk to people about Upwork.

Preston - he did tell us.

And  since we're not UW staff - I doubt we can do anything about it...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths