🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Someone logged into my client's account and l...
Page options
849338fe
Community Member

Someone logged into my client's account and left me negative feedback which has lowered my JSS

Hey,

I am working on a long term project, which is going very well. My client is happy with my work and we are making good progress on the project.

This week, I was chatting with her on Upwork messenger and it said a third person had joined the chat. The new person ended the contract, left me a 1 star negative review and said they wouldn't recommend working with me. 

I was obviously very confused and asked my client whether they had meant to end the contract. They had no intention of closing the contract, didn't understand what had happened, and hired me immediately on a new contact. The third person on the chat said that they were really sorry and basically they were a friend of my client's that had somehow logged into the Upwork profile. I think they were an old colleague of my client's and still had access. When they logged in and saw that I was messaging, they had thought that it was some kind of scam, so closed the contract and left me an awful review. This third person said they'd sort it out and left the chat.

My clinet managed to change the feedback on me and gave me a 5 star review.

However, because of the fact that this random person left me a review and said (on the 1-10 rating) that they wouldn't recommend working with me, I now have a low job success score, despite only having 5 star reviews and being super prompt with replying to clients.

Is there a way that this can be changed? The review left for me was not left by my client, so this is super frustrating. They have said in my review that they would recommend me "without hesitation", so it would be good if the metric could be changed to reflect this.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Maisie,

Could you please send me more information via PM so I can check? You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
849338fe
Community Member

Sent you a DM 🙂 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Maisie, please come back and let us know if they fix it for you. I'm very curious how Upwork deals with this.
849338fe
Community Member

Hey, I'm still waiting on an answer for this

Hi Maisie,

I replied to your PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths