cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone received a proposal from me, but I didn't send it??!!

chris_bannu
Community Guru
Cristian B Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
1 of 3

Hi,

I was checking my email, and I received an email from Upwork announcing me that I have a new message from a client. Someone was asking me about some of my skills. I opened the Upwork messanger, and I saw that I had indeed sent this client a proposal. I figured it was an old proposal, and since I'm working as a fulltime designer for a client on Upwork, I was getting ready to write him and let him know that I'm not available.

Before I did that, I looked at the date on which my proposal was sent. And to my huge surprise, it was sent an hour before reading that message (January 20th 4:38 AM). The problem is, I haven't sent a proposal since I started my fulltime job. Has my account been hacked? Is this a bug?

edit: the client confirmed that he received it a while ago, so it's all cool Smiley Happy Maybe the time and date of the proposal should be the actual time and date it has been sent on? Because I was starting to think I was suffering from multiple personality disorder Smiley Very Happy

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 3

I've had dates on proposals change...I have no idea why it happens, but sometimes something I bid on weeks earlier will suddenly show up as having been sent within the past few days.

chris_bannu
Community Guru
Cristian B Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
3 of 3

Yeah it's pretty awkward, especially since I was telling the client that I didn't send the proposal Smiley Very Happy He probably thought I ws crazy until everything got cleared up.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS