🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Someone sent me an invitation to the Expert-V...
Page options
ahmedsultanai
Community Member

Someone sent me an invitation to the Expert-Vetted Talent Program and scheduled a meeting

Hi,

So Someone sent me an invitation to the Expert-Vetted Talent Program and scheduled a meeting with me. How can I make sure that this is from UpWork and not spam?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ahmed,

I can confirm this email isn't spam and is from Upwork team. If you're interested in participating in this program, feel free follow the steps in that email. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

How the mechanism works ? I mean when can someone get invited and how they get selected ?

Hi Hatim,

The Expert-Vetted program is currently by invitation only and in select skill categories. We hope to expand soon though!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria K, 

Thank you for updating and responding to freelancers. Just wondering, do we have to apply somewhere or upwork will decide whome to invite?  I checked my skill category is listed for "Expert-Vetted Talent" badge, now want to know the procedure to apply. 

Hi AQ A,

How can we check if our skill category is listed for Expert-Vetted Talent? the information I have found is that Upwork gives the invite for it themselves to selected few. Need more details on the process though. 

Thanks Valeria, good luck to all.

Hi Valeria, understanding the exper-vetted is by invited only, is there a process I can apply to that an internal team can review my background for consideration? Given my background an experiences, I believe I'd qualify.

Thank you for an insight you can share! 🙂

~ Jon

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

We are inviting freelancers to be vetted based on their skills and reputation and also on the demand for their skills in our marketplace. Right now we are slowly rolling out this option but plan to gradually increase the number of freelancers we vet. The best way to get invited in the future is to create a complete profile, stay active on Upwork, and maintain a great reputation among your clients. We are initially prioritizing freelancers who have already been successful on Upwork (as indicated by Top Rated status and contract history) but will also expand to newer freelancers in the coming months.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Valeria!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members