Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone uses my portfolio.... I need your help, dear colleagues

Highlighted
Grigor H Member Since: Jan 6, 2015
1 of 7

Hi,

Could you pls help me?

What should I do if I find that someone uses my portfolio and my photo?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 7
For your situation, you need to contact oDesk customer support directly and tell them. From what I hear they are pretty prompt about taking care of this sort of situation, which has happened too often.

(I really am sick of the weasly people who sign up as oDesk contractors and are nothing but scammers and copy-hacks. These people bring nothing of value to the platform and they threaten the profitability and utility of the whole site for the legitimate contractors, the clients and oDesk itself.)
Highlighted
3 of 7

Thank you.

I hope, oDesk support will quickly react to this situation.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
4 of 7

GH, nice touch using an image with a partial transparent background to achieve a different shape than most other members. Even little things like that can attract attention to your profile, which is good as clients search for freelancers among hundreds of applicants.

When I went to see the portfolio you wrote about, I was surprised that I could only see your oDesk Community about page and could not locate your oDesk freelancer profile. So did the supposed impostor use you portfolio and photo before you even had a chance to include that data in your own freelancer profile?

PH is correct. Contacting support is probably the best and quickest option. Maybe a Community moderator or manager will read this post and attempt to expedite the issue via support on your behalf. For oDesk Support, please go to the oDesk Help Center https://support.odesk.com/

Edited 01/09/2015 RT/lwm

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
5 of 7

Thank you, RT.

Hope my transparent background will help me to find customers ))

I already wrote to support.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Grigor,

I am sorry somebody used your portfolio pieces as theirs and thank you very much for contacting oDesk Customer Support. You will need, however, to provide more information in the support ticket you initiated such as a link to the profile where your portfolio pieces are used without your authorization. oDesk Team will take appropriate actions once they review and investigate.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
7 of 7

Hi, Valeria

Thank you for your reply.

I'll contact to oDeck support and provide the necessary information for resolving this issue.

Thank you

Grigor

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS