Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Scamming happend with me Today & Yesterday

manojsharmafp
Active

Scam Reporting !!

Blue color text is my response.

Beaware Friends...

his email address in Red color, at bottom of the chat.

======================================

these are the chatting discussion faced by me:  

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manoj,

As you seem to be new to Upwork, be very careful of invitations. They are almost invariably scams. Here are some essential tips on how to avoid being scammed written by one of Upwork's moderators: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/td-p/240833

It is possible that the job has already been delisted by Upwork,  but you could flag it as inappropriate and also report it to customer support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
versailles
Community Guru

OK you were (almost?) scammed like hundreds others. No need to throw all this long and boring stuff here.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Manoj,

As you seem to be new to Upwork, be very careful of invitations. They are almost invariably scams. Here are some essential tips on how to avoid being scammed written by one of Upwork's moderators: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/td-p/240833

It is possible that the job has already been delisted by Upwork,  but you could flag it as inappropriate and also report it to customer support.

View solution in original post

It was kind of interesting at the end. I've read about this, but I've never seen it.  Pretty obviously a scam, when you see what actually happens.

Jill 

kat303
Community Guru

Manoj - No need to really post this, The majority of new freelancers do not take the time to learn how Upwork works, it's procedures and what to look out for. They only post here after the fact, after they've been scammed They freely give confidential personal information to some stranger they just met on the internet, they start working without having an active contract on Upwork, They send money for equipment, they glady accept checks sent to them and send the excess amount back. Then they come here and ask, "I did the work, but the client disappeared. How do I get paid?" 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manoj,

I checked and it looks like the team has already taken actions against the job and client's account you are referring to. Please, check out the link Nichola shared to learn more about staying safe on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS