🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Something off with proposals?
Page options
ilannamandel
Community Member

Something off with proposals?

I've been here for a while now so I fully know that some proposals get accepted and others don't. But, today I put in for a project that is completely in my area of expertise. In fact, I worked directly in that field for 15 years. My samples were absolutely the right ones to choose. In 1 hour they selected 8 people to interview and I'm not even 1 of them. I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I've put in for dozens of projects lately and there is no interest whatsoever. 

Suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

ILANNA M wrote:

I've been here for a while now so I fully know that some proposals get accepted and others don't. But, today I put in for a project that is completely in my area of expertise. In fact, I worked directly in that field for 15 years. My samples were absolutely the right ones to choose. In 1 hour they selected 8 people to interview and I'm not even 1 of them. I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I've put in for dozens of projects lately and there is no interest whatsoever. 

Suggestions? 

Move on. Those eight people may have offered better samples than you - or samples that the client prefers. You are not necessarily doing anything wrong. Supply vastly exceeds demand on Upwork - so perhaps there is some sort of draw system involved.  

jr-translation
Community Member

ILANNA M wrote:

Suggestions? 

Try to close one of your contracts in progress so you have enough jobs in the 6 month window to calculate a better JSS.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

ILANNA M wrote:

Suggestions? 

With the huge competition you face, clients might apply a selection where they don't consider profiles below a certain JSS percentage. Do your best to increase it and things might get better. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members