🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Something went wrong. Please try again.
Page options
benkissling
Community Member

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Just signed up earlier this week. I verified my identity and have received an invitation to interview. Every time I attempt to submit my proposal it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." This is frustrating. I do not want to decline this as it fits my skills perfectly and it is my first invitation. Please do not tell me to clear my browser cache or use the phone app. I am not an idiot.

Do I need to have a payment method setup before I can accept invitations?

Do I need to finish my profile "Overview" before I can accept jobs? If so, what do I have to complete before the site counts my "Overview" as complete? I have not completed any jobs yet so don't have any examples of my work to upload. Do I need to do an intro video?

I don't get why the site allows me to receive invitations that I cannot accept.

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ben,

You should be able to accept the Invitation to Interview in your Proposals-Invitations to Interviews or by clicking on the bell icon. 

Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have in fact already done this.

My profile says I do not have 60% of my overview completed yet. What items must be finished to count as a completed overview?

Hi Ben,

There are many ways to get to 100% completed profile, but some items are required. To reach the initial 60% you’ll need a photo, title, overview, and at least one entry employment history and skill tags. Please check this help article.

~ Bojan
Upwork

What is the "overview" and how do I complete it? There is no section anywhere labeled as "overview". I have done all the rest.

Okay well no thanks to you I finally figured out what the Overview was. It is not labeled. There's only an edit symbol on the side of the screen with zero indication of what it is or that it's the part I needed to complete. What a huge waste of time just because part of the profile isn't labeled. 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused, Ben. I'm glad to hear that you were able to complete your profile. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any assistance in the future. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members