cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something went wrong, please try again.

David T Member Since: Oct 10, 2016
41 of 59

I got the same problem, the error message appears when i try to reply to the invitation.
Anybody know how to fix it yet?

Community Leader
Marianne M Member Since: Mar 22, 2016
42 of 59

I get these types of problems too. I just keep trying. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't. I don't tell Upwork about it because what can they do?

Maybe it's bandwidth? And my phone app is absolutely horrible.

Shrug...

Marianne

“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.”
Community Leader
43 of 59
Alex, you are too funny, thanks! Something you might want to try: write the proposal, COPY it to a word document and then hit submit. Yep, I learned that the hard way.

I never contact support because I already know what the response will be and why waste more time?

Thanks again for the laugh...!
Marianne
“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.”
Community Leader
44 of 59
Oh no, that was too funny!!! I wrote from my phone app, but apparently it didn't take. Surprise!

I said everyone should have a word doc open and before they send that perfectly worded proposal, copy it on to word, then hit send.

And keep sending, it will take....eventually. I also suggested they don't bother contacting support, as it does NO good. Canned messages, hrumph!

I'm actually still laughing, what a wonderful satire, bravo!!!!

Marianne (who, yes, loves exclamation points!!!!)
Community Leader
45 of 59
Oh see, now it pops up..., ugh!
Community Leader
46 of 59
"Something went wrong, please try again."

That's the message I got.... Gawd this is a comedy of errors - might as well keep laughing, right?!!

Marianne
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
47 of 59

Well, I have just had an invitation - received at midnight (UTC + 1) - so I did not see it until this morning. Anyway, I tried to accept the invitation and I have received this message "Something went wrong, please try again." at least five times. So I suppose the job has been assigned (although it doesn't say so and the 'proposal' hasn't been archived) - or there is a glitch. I would like to find out more about the job, but can't. Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
48 of 59

I would really appreciate some help on this - as CS appears to be down - I'm getting an Oops Sorry message.

My reply rate bar will be dinged too as I am unable to reply to this invitation, and I don't want to refuse it, as I would like to know more about it.

ETA: Well having wasted hours trying to submit the "accept interview" - I have given up and declined the job. Way to go Upwork . . .Smiley Mad

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
49 of 59

Hi Nichola,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to accept your recent invite. It was probably affected by an issue our team is working hard to resolve. Please note you can submit a proposal on the same job and include a note in your proposal about the problem which prevented you from accepting the client's invite.

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
50 of 59

Yeah sure but what if we didn't have connects? We know UW is not liable to missed opportunities but sometimes invites can make the difference between UW earning hundreds more a day or hundreds more a month.

Edit: I also can't believe this has been happening since the first week of October and has yet to be fixed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS