cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sooooo many "The Aussie Voice" freelancers from all over the world...

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 121

Kathy T wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Kathy, 
Could you please clarify the jobs you are referring to here?  

I'm referring to all of the jobs starting with the OP on May 25 until the last reply on June 3.

Kathy, I was talking about profiles, not jobs.

Also, just because google still indexes something, does not mean it's not gone.

It also looks like most of those profiles were never approved anyway (why Upwork leaves rejected profiles up at all is another question, of course.)

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
22 of 121

Petra R wrote:

Kathy T wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Kathy, 
Could you please clarify the jobs you are referring to here?  

I'm referring to all of the jobs starting with the OP on May 25 until the last reply on June 3.

Kathy, I was talking about profiles, not jobs.

Also, just because google still indexes something, does not mean it's not gone.

It also looks like most of those profiles were never approved anyway (why Upwork leaves rejected profiles up at all is another question, of course.)

Petra. Profiles is what I was referring to. not jobs as I typedl. My brain isn't working tonight. I was thinking profiles, but my fingers typed jobs. 

petra_r
Community Guru
23 of 121

Kathy T wrote:

Petra. Profiles is what I was referring to. not jobs as I typedl. My brain isn't working tonight. I was thinking profiles, but my fingers typed jobs. 

My brain and fingers do that to me all the time Smiley Very Happy

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
24 of 121

Rene K wrote:

This one has a fake photo lifted from another website. I flagged her and provided the URL of the site, but no reaction from Upwork.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Also the first line of her his overview is very popular:

"As one of the top voice over and audio providers on freelancing sites"

Ticket 25734338 opened.

I don't even understand why Upwork doesn't run an automated similarity check across the database from time to time...

It makes me wonder what's going on. I wrote in one of my comments that master's degrees don't generally take four years. And it appears that on the profile you flagged the dates have now been changed.

It seems that all that's happened is that the freelancer has been informed how to make the profile appear more realistic. What gives?

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 6.14.36 PM.png

renata101
Community Guru
25 of 121

I think I've located the source of all of those Aussie Voices. Five seconds to profile approval. And, as we've seen, it's completely effective. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You can jump to 2:50 to find the skills instructions, 4:19 for the education instructions and 5:05 to edit your title.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
26 of 121

Thank you for sharing the video Renata,

Just to confirm, I`ve already added your information to the report and escalated it further. 

~ Goran
Upwork
kfarnell
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
27 of 121

That one's from India. Another from Pakistan lists the account's direct email. It's an active email address. 

It's a fairly common name but not one (when amended slightly to take account of changes made for an original email) that appears often in the list of freelancers as far as I can see. 

I'm obviously not posting it here, but have kept a note of it in case anyone wants it.

petra_r
Community Guru
28 of 121

Renata S wrote:

I think I've located the source of all of those Aussie Voices. Five seconds to profile approval. And, as we've seen, it's completely effective. 

Actually, not so effective, most of the ones I took a closer look at were rejected.

And one of the Aussie voices, the nice looking one with the old established account here and on other sites, is real.

renata101
Community Guru
29 of 121

Petra R wrote:

Renata S wrote:

Actually, not so effective, most of the ones I took a closer look at were rejected.

I flagged a bunch. Some were taken down (mainly if the profile photo was proven to be a fake). However quite a few remain. 

Once approved, the FL simply changed the information. You can see a bunch that still have the "Aussie Voice" title with new information. And there seems to still be a lot of people who have been to Harvard. Considering that it's been over a week and people know exactly what text to search, you can still find quite a few of them. It doesn't seem like UW really considers people being approved with fake information to be much of an issue.

It makes you wonder what the approval process actually consists of. 

petra_r
Community Guru
30 of 121

Renata S wrote:

It doesn't seem like UW really considers people being approved with fake information to be much of an issue.

Again.

Most of them I checked were **NOT** approved.

Why Upwork leaves rejected profiles searchable and allows them to be indexed by Google is another question.

Rejected profiles should be set private and removed after 30 days or whatever.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS