cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooooo many "The Aussie Voice" freelancers from all over the world...

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
11 of 121

This one has a fake photo lifted from another website. I flagged her and provided the URL of the site, but no reaction from Upwork.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Also the first line of her his overview is very popular:

"As one of the top voice over and audio providers on freelancing sites"

Ticket 25734338 opened.

I don't even understand why Upwork doesn't run an automated similarity check across the database from time to time...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 121

I reported some loser on Reddit who was dumb enough to advertise his profile. Posted on reddit that it's a purchased account.  He deleted the thread but I reported the profile and even left in the notes that in his reviews he has someone calling "her" "Edna" and the country changed to Kenya. Profile still up.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
13 of 121

Jennifer, I flagged the same "Edna" person, too.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
14 of 121

Hi Rene,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll share this with our team and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
15 of 121

This was originally posted on May 25. And it's now June 3 and I'm still reading on this message that the job(s) are STILL up???????  

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
16 of 121

Hi Kathy, 
Could you please clarify the jobs you are referring to here?

Hi Jennifer, and Mary, 
May I request that you please send me the profile of the freelancer you are referring to here, so that I can follow up on your reports. Thank you for your time!

Hi Rene, 
I have also followed up on your ticket, and have escalated it to the team for their review, and have added some other freelancers that I have found through the freelancer search you shared, and through Google search.

~ Avery
Upwork
versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
17 of 121

Can please someone have a look at the ticket number 25734338?

The person who answered needs training.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 121

Let me follow up on it, Rene. We appreciate the information you've provided and will take it from here. 

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
19 of 121

Avery O wrote:

Hi Kathy, 

I'm referring to all of the jobs starting with the OP on May 25 until the last reply on June 3. It took 10 days to do something to all of these same profiles? I'm also referring to the very last post ( Renata) where now some of the jobs have just changed the dates of graduation and are still up.

Hi Jennifer, and Mary, 
May I request that you please send me the profile of the freelancer you are referring to here, so that I can follow up on your reports. Thank you for your time!

Hi Rene, 
I have also followed up on your ticket, and have escalated it to the team for their review, and have added some other freelancers that I have found through the freelancer search you shared, and through Google search.

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
20 of 121

Kathy T wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Kathy, 

I'm referring to all of the jobs starting with the OP on May 25 until the last reply on June 3. It took 10 days to do something to all of these same profiles? I'm also referring to the very last post ( Renata) where now some of the jobs have just changed the dates of graduation and are still up.

Hi Jennifer, and Mary, 

Hi Rene, 

Kathy T wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Kathy, 

The one we identified is now set to private. 

A bigger issue with a few of these is that they have been using stolen photos. I contacted someone in Australia because the person who stole her photo for a UW account also set up a LinkedIn account under the same name (probably fake), also using her photo. 

It makes me wonder if there's an article or a video circulating about how to get your profile approved that includes a profile template. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS