cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooooo many "The Aussie Voice" freelancers from all over the world...

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
41 of 121

Upwork kills the Aussi voices as I report them, but they keep popping up. There is a flaw in the auto approval system ant there must be a link somewhere on the Internet that is telling people how to take advantage of it.

Upwork you need to fix this exploit somehow...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
42 of 121

Rene K wrote:

Upwork kills the Aussi voices as I report them, but they keep popping up. There is a flaw in the auto approval system

They are typically NOT approved. Typically, they are rejected.

Again, I have no idea why Upwork allows rejected profiles to pop up on google (or Upwork) searches, but here we are.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
43 of 121

Petra R wrote:

Rene K wrote:

Upwork kills the Aussi voices as I report them, but they keep popping up. There is a flaw in the auto approval system

Again, I have no idea why Upwork allows rejected profiles to pop up on google (or Upwork) searches, but here we are.

They are approved and searchable by clients. I'm even able to hire them with my client account...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
petra_r
Community Guru
44 of 121

Rene K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Rene K wrote:

They are approved and searchable by clients. I'm even able to hire them with my client account...

searchable yes, but generally you either get this (suspended)

suspended.jpg

or this (profile was rejected) - No Hire button, no invite button.

rejected.jpg

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
45 of 121

Rene K wrote:

Upwork kills the Aussi voices as I report them, but they keep popping up. There is a flaw in the auto approval system ant there must be a link somewhere on the Internet that is telling people how to take advantage of it.

Oh, there's a link alright. It's in the rabbit hole I just crawled out of called YouTube, where Upwork, if they chose to do so, could probably wipe out hundreds of profiles just by looking at the names and photos of the people who respond to these videos:

This is where "The Aussie Voice" profiles are coming from:

**edited for Community Guidelines** (or she got it from someone else, who knows). If the link gets zapped it's easy enough to find.

It appears this is what she did because her profile was not accepted (then it was). The whole thing is insane, but start watching @ 5:35 - that's where the Aussie Voice makes an appearence. Then she directs everyone to choose Native/Bilingual for the language. Part of her instructions are not in English, but no matter.

There are literally hundreds of videos similar to hers. **edited for Community Guidelines** admits to creating multiple accounts and also offers a tutorial on lying to get your rejected proposal accepted. Some of his "followers" are rather easy to find if they're using their real names on YT. A comment from one of them: "Asia country is not accepted. UK, USA accepted easily".

Granted ... many (probably all) of these people are not getting work, but they are mucking up an already bloated situation. I'm speechless. Upwork, you have enough of us - isn't it time for a moratorium on this nonsense of accepting absolutely everyone. These are people who are not doing your clients (or us) any favors.

While you're busy verifying well-established FLs who have already been through the process several times over, this is going on.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
46 of 121

Virginia F wrote:

Rene K wrote:

Oh, there's a link alright. It's in the rabbit hole I just crawled out of called YouTube, where Upwork, if they chose to do so, could probably wipe out hundreds of profiles just by looking at the names and photos of the people who respond to these videos:

**edited for Community Guidelines** (or she got it from someone else, who knows). If the link gets zapped it's easy enough to find.

It appears this is what she did because her profile was not accepted (then it was). The whole thing is insane, but start watching @ 5:35 - that's where the Aussie Voice makes an appearence. Then she directs everyone to choose Native/Bilingual for the language. Part of her instructions are not in English, but no matter.

There are literally hundreds of videos similar to hers. **edited for Community Guidelines** admits to creating multiple accounts and also offers a tutorial on lying to get your rejected proposal accepted. Some of his "followers" are rather easy to find if they're using their real names on YT. A comment from one of them: "Asia country is not accepted. UK, USA accepted easily".

Granted ... many (probably all) of these people are not getting work, but they are mucking up an already bloated situation. I'm speechless. Upwork, you have enough of us - isn't it time for a moratorium on this nonsense of accepting absolutely everyone. These are people who are not doing your clients (or us) any favors.

While you're busy verifying well-established FLs who have already been through the process several times over, this is going on.

lol such a good find. These people, man. Never heard a Fillipino accent before but wow they sound like Miami cholas. If I heard that voice on the phone, I'd expect penciled in eyebrows and dark lip liner with light lipstick. 

mtngigi
Community Guru
47 of 121

Jennifer M wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Rene K wrote:

There are literally hundreds of videos similar to hers. **edited for Community Guidelines** admits to creating multiple accounts and also offers a tutorial on lying to get your rejected proposal accepted. Some of his "followers" are rather easy to find if they're using their real names on YT. A comment from one of them: "Asia country is not accepted. UK, USA accepted easily".

lol such a good find. These people, man. Never heard a Fillipino accent before but wow they sound like Miami cholas. If I heard that voice on the phone, I'd expect penciled in eyebrows and dark lip liner with light lipstick. 

It's something else, isn't it? You have to laugh, or otherwise you'd start screaming.

mtngigi
Community Guru
48 of 121

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention ... guess who's commercial came up on three of the vids I watched, lol. I think that money might be put to better use elsewhere, Upwork.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
49 of 121

Hi Virginia, and Jennifer, 

I have checked the accounts related to the videos you have noted and can confirm that actions have been taken against them. The videos, and their links have also been shared with the team for their review and action. Thank you for flagging these here.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
50 of 121

Avery O wrote:

Hi Virginia, and Jennifer, 

I have checked the accounts related to the videos you have noted and can confirm that actions have been taken against them. The videos, and their links have also been shared with the team for their review and action. Thank you for flagging these here.

That does not solve the underlying problem.

Auto-accepting profiles based on (at best) questionable criteria and auto-rejecting others based on equally questionable ones was always going to lead to such nonsense.

At the same time long term genuine freelancers are made to jump through all sorts of hoops, while clear, obvious, proven fraudsters are reported again and again and their profiles remain.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS