cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooooo many "The Aussie Voice" freelancers from all over the world...

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
61 of 121

Nichola L wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Rene K wrote:

So, the loophole that allows anyone and their cousin to get their profile automatically approved, the so-called "The Aussie Voice" loophole is still wide open and fake accounts are still being created en masse by all kind of fakers:

Yes, but it is so helpful when they post in the forum to ask if they've been approved so they can be flagged and kicked off again.

At the top of René's link is the little flame of encouragement: 

62 Voice Over experts saved in the past day. Invite your favorites now!

Way to go Upwork ...

And great news! All you really need to know to fake your very own profile is now available in Urdu and Hindi.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
62 of 121

When I clicked on Rene's link, it said that there were no profiles to match that search and 30 VO artists had been hired in the last day... So something has happened.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
63 of 121

Mary W wrote:

When I clicked on Rene's link, it said that there were no profiles to match that search and 30 VO artists had been hired in the last day... So something has happened.

Did you try with a client account? When I click it they show up - still accepted, still hirable.

In fairness, it is a bit much to expect them all to be taken down in a couple of hours, but why in the world has this loophole not been closed yet? It's been known for months.

sam-sly
Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
64 of 121

Mary W wrote:

If you haven't you have to toggle off the "USA only." I did this from my client account and there are many from different countries (but not Australia).  They are available to invite or hire too.

Most went to Harvard and have micro studios in New York even though they live nowhere that makes sense for someone working from their own micro-studio in New York. Some use the Aussie Voice description but apparently made a career change to mobile development, social media management,  or virtual assistant work. despite being "one of the top voice over and audio providers on freelancing sites for over 10 years. We are a micro-studio based in New york, owned and operated by audio producers an VO talent."  (copied and pasted fone who changed to virtual assistant/social media work)

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
65 of 121

Renata S wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Rene K wrote:

So, the loophole that allows anyone and their cousin to get their profile automatically approved, the so-called "The Aussie Voice" loophole is still wide open and fake accounts are still being created en masse by all kind of fakers:

Yes, but it is so helpful when they post in the forum to ask if they've been approved so they can be flagged and kicked off again.

At the top of René's link is the little flame of encouragement: 

62 Voice Over experts saved in the past day. Invite your favorites now!

Way to go Upwork ...

And great news! All you really need to know to fake your very own profile is now available in Urdu Hindi.

Here's hoping no one will notice these screenshots:

Here he's adding Harvard U.

Harvard.png

Here's he's changing skill to the "Aussie Voice".

aussie.png

On the plus side, the video has only had 112 views. One of the posters asked for help because his profile wasn't being approved. The video guy answered in Hindi, which translates to this:

Screen shot 2019-08-04 at 10.58.24 AM.png

I believe I've found his account on Upwork. Granted, no bids ... but still. Who knows, maybe he really is a Canadian "Professional Architect", though that doesn't explain why his profile wasn't accepted at first.

Smiley Frustrated

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
66 of 121

Lawdy, lawdy, chirren.  Found all the accounts through my client account.  Flagged every single one until my fingers hurt. (Exercise in fultility, I know).  

Bless their little heart(s).

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
67 of 121

Kudos Upwork. Great job embarrassing yourself. Again.

https://www.upwork.com/hire/voice-over-artists-australian-accent/

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
richardsmith94
Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
68 of 121

Rene K wrote:

Kudos Upwork. Great job embarrassing yourself. Again.

https://www.upwork.com/hire/voice-over-artists-australian-accent/

It really isn't a great look when experienced FL's that have been using the site for years are pointing out (repeatedly) how the site is being exploited, to the detriment of clients, genuine freelancers and therefore it's own business...yet nothing is apparently being done about it.

dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
69 of 121

Jester?

it figures...lol

sergio-soria
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
70 of 121

Jesus Christ! And they don't do anything against those profiles. It looks like as long as they provide money to Upwork they don't care if the profile is fake or not...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS