cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooooo many "The Aussie Voice" freelancers from all over the world...

dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
71 of 121

"Master in B2B customer acquisition"? In voice over?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
72 of 121

And today's Aussi Voices are:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/profiles/search/?q=%22As%20one%20of%20the%20top%20voice%20over%20and%20aud...

Of course they don't stay that way, now that the Aussie Voice trick has granted them a place inside, they will edit their overview to whatever sells and they'll be ready to scam clients.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
73 of 121

Wow, they reproduce like mushrooms! Smiley Surprised

cartrellgeneral
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
74 of 121

Maria T wrote:

Maybe Upwork should stop accepting new freelancers until they can clean up the scam freelance profiles already on hand. I still wonder how these people are getting through if they are supposed to be vetting everyone.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
75 of 121

Catherine M wrote:

I still wonder how these people are getting through if they are supposed to be vetting everyone.

They don't. It's an algorithm that does the job and it has a loophole that the whole Urdu and Hindi speaking Internet is talking about. Upwork has been informed about the loophole long time ago and Upwork does what Upwork does the best: Nothing.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
76 of 121

Rene K wrote:

Catherine M wrote:

I still wonder how these people are getting through if they are supposed to be vetting everyone.

They don't. It's an algorithm that does the job and it has a loophole that the whole Urdu and Hindi speaking Internet is talking about. Upwork has been informed about the loophole long time ago and Upwork does what Upwork does the best: Nothing.

And just because the thread is now merged, does not mean this situation is resolved. It is time Upwork sent the algorithm home, it is not doing its job. Also I think Upwork owes the real Aussie Voice an apology. He could have lost business over this. 

dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
77 of 121

funny thing: I see that this topic is marked as "solved"

Smiley LOL

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
78 of 121

Here you go mods: This is the latest batch as pointed out by René. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

(Don't forget to copy them before you edit!) And it would be nice to have a comment on the state of play on this. These people are flooding the site and it is bad for everybody's business - especially Upwork's. The insistence of using cutesy little icons to herald blatantly fraudulent profiles that are damaging the reputation of a genuinely high-earning freelancer, is not going to win many clients or much admiration from the business world.  

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
79 of 121

Catherine M wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Maybe Upwork should stop accepting new freelancers until they can clean up the scam freelance profiles already on hand. I still wonder how these people are getting through if they are supposed to be vetting everyone.

I have made this suggestion many times over (as have others). It falls on deaf ears. It would seem that Upwork doesn't think millions of freelancers are enough freelancers. "Vetting" is just another word for "accept anyone who signs up", especially if they have an "Aussie Voice" or stolen portfolio items.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
80 of 121

Hi All,

We understand that this is very frustrating and is a matter of concern. Our teams are aware and are working on a permanent solution for this issue. Meanwhile, we have forwarded all your reports to the team for review and to be actioned with urgency. This includes the profiles you've flagged or took screenshots of.

We have and will be merging related posts to this thread so that we can better keep track of your reports and share them with the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS