cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image.

Highlighted
Aouadi M Member Since: Feb 8, 2016
1 of 20

When i upload a photo on my portfolio upwork show me an error message  : 

Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 20

Hi Aouadi,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues uploading images to your portfolio. We have an issue affecting this process, but in order to troubleshoot your case, please check if the photo you're trying to upload is in line with the following:

Are you getting an error message about the file type not being supported? Can you please check if the images/files you're trying to upload are in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format or in .doc, .swf or .pdf format?

The second common cause is if the files are over 5mb.

If your files meet these requirements, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

If this doesn't help, please contact Customer Support and provide screenshots of the page and the browsers you have tried to use so we can investigate further

M U Member Since: Dec 12, 2016
3 of 20

Same issue,

image size: 207kb

image type: .jpg

browser: firefox & chrome

Can i get my Picture changed manually, i.e i can provide you the pic i wanna set as my profile picture?

4 of 20

Hi M U,

Please clear your browser's cache and cookies and try adding your photo once again. Please also try uploading the photo from the home page (Find Work tab) by clicking on your photo on the right side of the page.

Please follow up here afterwards and let me know if you successfully uploaded the photo.

M U Member Since: Dec 12, 2016
5 of 20

"uploading the photo from the home page (Find Work tab) by clicking on your photo on the right side of the page" Worked for mee ^_^

Abraham B Member Since: Sep 27, 2016
6 of 20

Hello group! Hope you all are having a great day.

I have an issue when I try to edit my profile. I want to upload a different profile pic but every time I try to do it an error message appears and it doesn't allow me to change it. I've tried with different image sizes and even cropping it out but it keeps saying that the image can be uploaded.

P.S. Is not a logo or a digitally altered image, is simply a picture of me.

7 of 20

Hi Abraham,

Please follow the instructions I shared with another user above and let me know if you were able to upload and save your photo from your home page.

Karim A Member Since: Dec 12, 2016
8 of 20

Every time i try to change my profile image, i get the follwing message.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 20

Hi Karim,

Please, try going to Find Work> Profile clicking on your current profile picture and uploading a new one this way.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Karim A Member Since: Dec 12, 2016
10 of 20

Thank You, 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS