adibdev

Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image.

When i upload a photo on my portfolio upwork show me an error message  : 

Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aouadi,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues uploading images to your portfolio. We have an issue affecting this process, but in order to troubleshoot your case, please check if the photo you're trying to upload is in line with the following:

Are you getting an error message about the file type not being supported? Can you please check if the images/files you're trying to upload are in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format or in .doc, .swf or .pdf format?

The second common cause is if the files are over 5mb.

If your files meet these requirements, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

If this doesn't help, please contact Customer Support and provide screenshots of the page and the browsers you have tried to use so we can investigate further

Untitled

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aouadi,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues uploading images to your portfolio. We have an issue affecting this process, but in order to troubleshoot your case, please check if the photo you're trying to upload is in line with the following:

Are you getting an error message about the file type not being supported? Can you please check if the images/files you're trying to upload are in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format or in .doc, .swf or .pdf format?

The second common cause is if the files are over 5mb.

If your files meet these requirements, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

If this doesn't help, please contact Customer Support and provide screenshots of the page and the browsers you have tried to use so we can investigate further

Untitled

Same issue,

image size: 207kb

image type: .jpg

browser: firefox & chrome

Can i get my Picture changed manually, i.e i can provide you the pic i wanna set as my profile picture?

Hi M U,

Please clear your browser's cache and cookies and try adding your photo once again. Please also try uploading the photo from the home page (Find Work tab) by clicking on your photo on the right side of the page.

Please follow up here afterwards and let me know if you successfully uploaded the photo.

Untitled

"uploading the photo from the home page (Find Work tab) by clicking on your photo on the right side of the page" Worked for mee ^_^

Hello group! Hope you all are having a great day.

I have an issue when I try to edit my profile. I want to upload a different profile pic but every time I try to do it an error message appears and it doesn't allow me to change it. I've tried with different image sizes and even cropping it out but it keeps saying that the image can be uploaded.

P.S. Is not a logo or a digitally altered image, is simply a picture of me.

Hi Abraham,

Please follow the instructions I shared with another user above and let me know if you were able to upload and save your photo from your home page.

Untitled

I got the same problem, I already cleared cache and cookies. I tried using another browser. I tried it on my mobile nothing works.

Hi Rowel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Every time i try to change my profile image, i get the follwing message.

Hi Karim,

Please, try going to Find Work> Profile clicking on your current profile picture and uploading a new one this way.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank You, 

I have done all the described above processes however, my issue was not solved. I request administrators to try them out and solve the issue please. Thank you

Hi Ibrokhim,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Goran V,

Thank you for quick reply, I will look furtherif someone could solve the issue. Thank you

Ibo

Hi Vladimir, 

I tried all the steps dsicribed in your post. 3 different browers, different PCs, MACs.  Deactivated Firewall, Adblocker, cleared Cache and Cookies. 

Still the same issue. Cannot upload the profile pic.

Best, 

Mark 

Hi Mark,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you to further assist with this. Thanks!

~Nina

I haven't been able to upload or change my portfolio images for about a week now. Their "help" is useless. Someone will email you to say they need to investigate further and then never gets back to you. Clearly this is a site-wide issue and not the end users issue. None of my images are anything other than .jpgs that are smaller than 5MB. They should upload with no problem.

This is incredibly frustrating and should not be happening. How hard can this possibly be to fix??

Hi Erica,

We apologize for the delay in answering your request. We have followed-up with the team about your concern. They will review your ticket and reach out to you directly with an update. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0b9eb27e

I get the message "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image".

This is seriously still an issue? No explanation for why i can't upload a simple profile picture when I'm doing everything as instructed? Maybe Upwork can afford to hire a developer on Upwork to fix this basic issue?

Hi Peter, 

I just checked your account and your profile picture is present under your Accounts menu > Settings > My Info

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks, I had tried multiple browser and asking users to do that or clear their cache and cookies in 2019 is indicative of a problem on your end. 

I resolved the issue by uploading the same photo to LinkedIn, downloading back from LinkedIn and trying that photo with Upwork. It worked when I did that. Also indicative of a glitch on your end. 

I'm surprised that a successful company that is literally a hub for thousands of developers doesn't have higher standards for their own platform. 

4ff3a4a5

Hi, I cant upload img to my profile

I cleared the cookies and cache, I tried it on different browsers, I tried it a different pc.

still can't figure out what is wrong.
error: Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image.

Hi Marin,

Please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much. 

Now it's all set and done.

very funny, is it any add about head&shoulder shampo, please fix the issue, I am facing it for the month, I want to replace my old profile pic with the latest one and it is the hardest thing to do.

I have clear the cache and cookie, use multiple browsers, redownload it again to change the pic. but still the error arisies. Someone please help me out.

Hi Dwijen,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I can't upload a GIF file to my Portfolio

I attach the file

690x690 px

file size - 2,63 Mb

Hi Sergiy,

I was not able to replicate the issue. Do you see the error when you upload the item? Have you tried uploading it using a different browser?

~ Bojan
Upwork

An error occurs during the download of the file, which is why I cannot download it because Upwork starts downloading it and at the end it gives an error - a screenshot with an error is attached

I tried this in the Chrome browser. On your advice, I tried to repeat in the browser Firefox  - through this browser I never went to Upwork, which means that all errors related to the browser are excluded, since it is clean.

The same thing happened with the Firefox browser. The error is clearly on the server side.
Can you fix it?
Thanks for the answer.

Hi Sergiy,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork