🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sorry, we were unable to save your applicatio...
Page options
john_murdock
Community Member

Sorry, we were unable to save your application. This job is no longer available.

So I spent 40 minutes composing a proposal and after all that when I click on submit proposal I get a message that "This job is no longer available."

Why wasn't I told right off the bat when I looked at the job posting that the job was no longer available. 

This is inexcusable and is yet another example of the incompentency of Upwork's administration of their website. 

It is obvious that the website crew does not give a hoot that they are wasting freelancers' money, and most important, their time. 

They just don't care. After it's not their time they are wasting, it is ours.

Why don't you guys get this stuff straight? Millions of freelancers that you are paying you money and you don't give a **** about your wasting our time. WTF?

2 REPLIES 2
sergio-soria
Community Member

It used to happen to me very frequently some years ago, but it's not Upwork's fault. 40 minutes is a lot of time! The problem is that other freelancers send shorter proposals while you are still writing yours, therefore the client may be receiving and evaluating them. The client might as well choose a freelancer so he/she closes the job or turns it private to stop receiving new proposals. That's why you get the "job is no longer available" notice.

You need to learn how to write brief proposals, straight to the point and still attractive enough. Besides don't try to make a sample on the fly. You need to have samples available beforehand. Writing brief but attractive proposals takes some practice.

petra_r
Community Member

John M wrote:

So I spent 40 minutes composing a proposal and after all that when I click on submit proposal I get a message that "This job is no longer available."

Why wasn't I told right off the bat when I looked at the job posting that the job was no longer available. 

Because at that point it still was.

John M wrote:

This is inexcusable and is yet another example of the incompentency of Upwork's administration of their website.

No, it is an example of a job post being closed before you had the chance to submit. It happens.

40 minutes is an excessive amount of time to spend on a proposal that may not even be opened, let alone read.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members