🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Source Files and Suspended Account
Page options
caglaraydin
Community Member

Source Files and Suspended Account

Hi,

We worked with a client for a 3D visualization business a few months ago, he asked me for some renders, I gave them. Milestone is approved and the job is done. The contract remained active. Like a week ago, he asked me to do another job, so I gave him a budget. He found the budget I gave him too expensive. He said he was going to delegate the job to someone else and asked me for the source files. I said there is a fee for submitting source files. This is normal in my line of business, source files are paid for.

The client did not want to pay for the source files for which he had to pay, so I said he had to pay and he complained about me. Upwork then suspended my account. Since I didn't want to deal with this problem, I sent the source files to the client for free. (Although this is not the right behavior in my business.) The customer has withdrawn his complaint, but still my account has been suspended for days. This stopped my work. I am the one who was wronged here, and I am the one whose account was suspended. No one is contacting me either and neither is it fixing the problem.

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Aykut,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
caglaraydin
Community Member

I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible, my account has been unfairly suspended and I have been victimized.

Aykut Caglar A wrote:

I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible, my account has been unfairly suspended and I have been victimized.

By default, if you don't create an alternative contract or make it clear to the client that source files are priced separately, all work you do belongs to the client, source files included.

https://www.upwork.com/legal#optional-service-contract-terms

I understood, I didn't know it was like this, then I already sent the source files and agreed with the client. Why is my account still suspended?

Aykut Caglar A wrote:

I understood, I didn't know it was like this, then I already sent the source files and agreed with the client. Why is my account still suspended?

I'm a freelancer just like you, I can't give you an answer.

Ok thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English