🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Spam job postings
Page options
evolucija
Community Member

Spam job postings

Hello,

Recently I've noticed that spam jobs are increasing so much. For instance, these days there's a job that goes around that has been posted 50+ times. It's in my jobs search, I get an email from Upwork with 6 new jobs that are reccomended for me and quess what - EVERY SINGLE JOB is the same spam job. If you don't believe me please check out the attachment of that email.

Can I somehow block that client? Or do anything about it? I work as a motion graphics designer and this spam appears in every single search, it's so frequent that I cannot get to the jobs I actually want to apply to.

Thank you,
Lucija

6 REPLIES 6
nyonomega0
Community Member

Lucija S wrote:

Recently I've noticed that scam jobs are increasing so much.

Yes, everyone is sick of them.

Lucija S wrote:

It's in my jobs search, I get an email from Upwork with 6 new jobs that are reccomended for me and quess what - EVERY SINGLE JOB is the same spam job. Can I somehow block that client? Or do anything about it?

There must be something common between those jobs. Maybe an email address? A Telegram ID? A Whatsapp no.? Or anything else? Just filter that thing out and you'll see none of them.

If you're finding an excess of scam jobs in your job feed as well then consider searching for jobs manually with relevant keywords and filtering options.

Thank You.

Just because you can hide them doesn't mean they are not there, nor that they shouldn't be there.

Can't.. My keywords are "music" "lyrics" "video" and those spammers use "video" as a keyword, so if I filter out "video" keyword I will miss some of jobs that I might be interested in..

Lucija S wrote:

Can't.. My keywords are "music" "lyrics" "video" and those spammers use "video" as a keyword, so if I filter out "video" keyword I will miss some of jobs that I might be interested in..

Filter out payment unverified. You will miss some good new clients, but that's the price to pay to not see all that spam. 

Martina, thank you for your reply. I would love to mark your answer as a solution, but that doesn't seem right. Can't  Upwork see that someone is literally posting 100+ copy paste jobs in a day? Isn't there some kind of filter for them? On any other site it literally temporarely blocks you if it sees that you're spamming?

"Can't Upwork see that someone is literally posting 100+ copy paste jobs in a day? Isn't there some kind of filter for them?"

Proof and pudding.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members