Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam job posts

Highlighted
Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
1 of 7

I just saw a job post with a client history of 48 jobs posted and 0% hire rate. They are clearly trying to game the system by screwing newbies out of connects.

My suggestion: Implement an automatic ban threshold, maybe something like 6 posts without a hire after 30 days.

Highlighted
Community Leader
William M Member Since: Feb 10, 2015
2 of 7

What would be the point of screwing newbies out of connects?

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 7

@William M wrote:

What would be the point of screwing newbies out of connects?

Schadenfreude perhaps? It's also been suggested that some freelancers who are also clients post bogus jobs in order to deprive their competition of their connects.

Pia M Member Since: Feb 26, 2015
4 of 7

Sounds like a good old conspiracy theory, where's my popcorn?!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
5 of 7

I just saw a job post with a client history of 48 jobs posted and 0% hire rate. They are clearly trying to game the system by screwing newbies out of connects.

Yeah, I don't know about screwing newbs out of connects, but a client could post a job, get a freelancer interested, then con them into working offsite, getting their work, and not paying them. There have been many reports of that particular scam going on here.

On the other hand, if freelancers could view client's job history, we could do our due diligence and check the client out before bidding and see that they don't hire. We shall see if that function for freelancer's works in the future.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 7

On the other hand, if freelancers could view client's job history, we could do our due diligence and check the client out before bidding and see that they don't hire. We shall see if that function for freelancer's works in the future.

?? I have to ask. Have you ever looked at a job posting? You are told all the info about their hires, % of hires, average paid, etc.

Please when you have the time take a look at a job posting here.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mark C Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
7 of 7

I like to see clients history to see if they leave feedback to freelancers.

This is important because if they don't leave it, it is detrimental to your JSS

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS