Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam/low quality jobs set up to circumnavigate the search filters

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Darren w Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
1 of 7

I have just waisted the majority of one hour trying to find jobs to apply for. However, due to the increase in low quality jobs being posted that circumvent the search filter, e.g. fifty articles for $50, but requires an **Edited for Community Guidelines** expert writer, I could only find one.

Will Upwork be doing anything to prevent this?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 7

Upwork does its best if you report them. Otherwise it is up to the freelancer to avoid them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 7

Darren,

If circumnavigate and waist in place of circumvent and waste is a representative sample of your writing, then I'm not sure you're a good fit for jobs requring expert writing, unless comedy is called for.

Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
4 of 7

I would assume that lead generation and prospecting are an essential part of any sales job. As freelancers, we take on that responsibility. People who don't want to invest time in finding gigs are called employees. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 7

How is it possible to avoid them if they populate 60% of the search results?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
6 of 7
Did you respond without reading my question John? I'd suggest you do that in future to avoid confusion with your responses.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 7
So are you calling circumvention of the Upwork system and low quality job posting lead generation?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS