cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam mesage subject 'Freelancing reimagined - A new way to win more work online'

jasvirsaini
Jasvir S Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
1 of 12

Hi there,

I am getting spam mesages from unkwon clients to join their site. I do not know how they can message me without posting a job.

Let me know if you too are getting those messages.

Jass

Regards,

Jass
oambrosa
Community Leader
Octavian Valentin A Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
2 of 12

I received the same junk message and reported to oDesk.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 12

Yep, I just got one too. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
4 of 12

Yeah I got the same message. Sender's name is Ebony McQueen. How on earth did the spammer do this? Please do something oDesk!!

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
5 of 12

That is weird because mine come from a different person.  I'm wondering how they can send them out over the messaging system without us applying to anything.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
jasvirsaini
Jasvir S Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
6 of 12

I got same mesage from 3 different sender within 2 hours.

Regards,

Jass
msayno
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
7 of 12
Hey Odesk... Someone's spamming the system with an invitation to try another freelancing site. Please see screenshot attached. My wild guess is that they used the forums to do this where you click on the name of a poster and there's an option for you to send a message..? Hmmm.... or.. someone who used to work for you got our odesk ids (name@odesk.com) and was able to send a message without the need to send us a job invitation first..
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
8 of 12

There is another thread about these messages. I received one as well.

I really want to know how they managed to send this via the oDesk messaging system.

Let's hope oDesk will get to the bottom of this AND - equally important - let us know how sth like that is possible.

Fingers crossed.

t-hall
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
9 of 12

I got his too.

It came from "mc-90f945ogek@reply.odesk.com" to my personal email, as well as a message on oDesk.

Would like some quick verification from a mod please, as our personal info (email) has somehow been tapped into using oDesk. Is this real or not? I know oDesk DOES have some inner circle hiring initiatives, is this one of them?

nullagarrido
Community Guru
Natalia U Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
10 of 12

Yeah, apparetly everyone and their mother got it. I got it from someone called Jemma Gould, but freelancers are getting this same message from multiple "clients".

It's being discussed also here: Private message advertising Freelancing site

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS