Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spammed by Freelancers

charlieecpa
Community Leader
Charlie E Member Since: Aug 2, 2015
1 of 7

We have started to receive annoying messages from freelancers we had minimal contact with in the past asking if we have any work available. 

It seems that once a message has been sent to a freelancer, that they are able to contact you anytime they want. Even if it was 6 months ago and we did not hire them. 

This is extremely annoying. Is there anyway to block freelancers from contacting us?

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 7

I was captivated with the title of your draft, Charlie.  I am asking myself right now if I am guilty of this "crime".  But at the freelancers' end I think that it will help if you will express how you feel towards those "annoying" followups directly to those freelancers.  If I am one of them, please feel free to block me from your list.

lonehorseend
Ace Contributor
Ani M Member Since: Nov 1, 2015
3 of 7

I'm a freelancer who loves solving problems and not tied with Upwork in any way.  With that being said, have you tried clicking on the person's name above the message they send you?  When I did that a bunch of options came up. Now whether or not I had an active contract with them changed what I could do.  The ones I didn't have a contract with, I could block.

Not sure if it would work the same way for clients, but it's worth a try.

karinskold
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
4 of 7

I am sorry you find this people extremely annoying. But perhaps they are desparate for job and earning something.

You can always block if you dont want any messages.

Thanks

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 7

LOL I had that happen when I was hiring. I just ignored them. But even then they'd keep pestering me every week or so. It's one thing if it's for a contract that went dormant, but it's a totally different one when I never hired you in the first place. 

I had one that would send me a message "Hello?" every week or so. 

turbocro
Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
6 of 7

Sound like this Hello guy was trying to sell you new Adele hit before Adele released it 

Smiley Happy

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Charlie,

I am sorry freelancers keep contacting you even after the project was finished. You can always block messages from them by clicking on their name in the room.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS