🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Spammers, Scammers and Phishing
Page options
jennsgreen
Community Member

Spammers, Scammers and Phishing

Is there a way to report a job that has been removed by the client? They have "chosen" me for the position after chattiing with me on Skype - an obvious red flag. Now I have screenshots and an IP addressbut who can I send them to? Would UpWork like to look into this and save others the hassle?

The cleint's name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. He wont respond to my messages. The Skype ID is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. If nothing else, other freelancers please steer clear of them.

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service.

I checked the job post you were referring to and it seems that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks - I received a fast response!

If you need more information, let me know.

Jennifer G wrote:

Thanks - I received a fast response!

If you need more information, let me know.

You can't report the name and company name that the scammer used. Not only is this against the forum rules, but scammers never use their real names anyway - they just pick somebody off of Linked In - so you're accusing an innocent person here. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people running the same kind of scams, and they'll just come back again and use different names.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths