🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Speak and discuss before hiring
Page options
bb1c83f4
Community Member

Speak and discuss before hiring

I am new here,   I would like to spend a few minutes discussing the project before hiring someone

3 REPLIES 3
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Yes, it is always a good idea to discuss the project with the freelancer beofre choosing to hire them. This can easily be done through the messaging system when you post a job - you wont be required to hire a freelancer untill you are ready.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I would like to spend a few minutes discussing the project before hiring someone"

When you create a job posting, there is no obligation whatsoever to hire somebody.

You hire somebody when YOU decide to hire them.

There is no limit to how many freelancers you can interview. There is no cost associated with interviewing them.

Of course you can spend a few minutes discussing the project before hiring somebody.

Of course you want to be polite and professional and not take up a potential hire's time. But TECHNICALLY: Upwork has no way to limit how long you talk to a freelancer before hiring them.

So go ahead and talk, and when you make a decision, click the "Hire" button. Only then do you present the opportunity for a freelancer to agree to an actual hiring contract.

Stephen, some of us insist on a conversation before agreeing to accept a job.  Not only are job parameters clarified - personality fits are equally important in any working relationship.

No provider should be unwilling to have a conversation - even if English is their 2nd or 3rd language.  You, on the other hand, need to be understanding if the person is not fully glib in English.  For many roles this does NOT mean they can't understand what you need done and do an outstanding job.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members