🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Speech Disorder/**Freelancer but expert in Gr...
Page options
miraj620
Community Member

Speech Disorder/**Freelancer but expert in Graphics Design

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if the ques. does not relate to this community.

I have one friend who is an expert in graphics design and web design and doing works for local agencies.  He wants to work as a freelancer in Upwork but the problem is he can not talk, he has speech disorder since birth. But he is good at English and he has amazing designing skills.

My question to support team: If he creates a profile on  upwork, how do you consider these people who can communicate by writing English perfectly but can't speak? 

Can you consider if he requires video call verification? He can come to the call but you know he can't speak.

Please let me know about it so i can let him know. He wants to work on Upwork.

Rgds,

Ray H.

Developer

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Many Upwork freelancers never speak to clients, and only communicate by text/typing/messaging.

Upwork will work with people if they want to do a video verification call. The purpose of the call is to be able to look at his face and see that he is the same person as pictured in his profile photo.

This is a non-issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Many Upwork freelancers never speak to clients, and only communicate by text/typing/messaging.

Upwork will work with people if they want to do a video verification call. The purpose of the call is to be able to look at his face and see that he is the same person as pictured in his profile photo.

This is a non-issue.

Preston, this is a situation when we are all best served by waiting for a Moderator to weigh in and, if appropriate, relay the question to a higher and/or more specialized authority. No doubt we all know what UW should do, but neither you nor I nor any other FL here is in a position to definitively announce it is "a non-issue."

I am aware of several profoundly deaf freelancers who are quite successful on the platform.  Agree with Wendy, let a moderator assist with this.

Mary, when you realize you called me Wendy, rest assured I take it as a compliment!

Phyllis, sorry.  You are both so smart that I get confused!

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md,

Please let your friend know that he can use Upwork without any problems. If he has any questions about creating a profile, please let them know to reach out to us and we will be able to assist them further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Like I said.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members