cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stalled proposals

raulbpo
Rahul M Member Since: May 25, 2016
1 of 3

I have submitted around 42 proposals during last month. some of them were declined, but there are still 38 pending proposals where the client has neither rejected nor accepted the offer. Sadly 2 of the clients are from the Upwork team. I mean it should not take more than a week to decide whether you want to interview someone or not. I am really confused. Upwork says that it usually take 3 days to hire. I have been using this from a month, and got candidacy from Upwork, but it has been around  days. Is there any way we can message the client to know the status.

smartbpo
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
2 of 3

Well, my experience says it is due to a lot of proposal for a job. Most of the freelancers just wait for the new job to appear on the job board and without reading place their proposal ( copy past).

When a client sees's that from first 20 or 30 proposals no one really read the job description and just want to get a job without knowing what kind of services he is looking for, he better decide to leave it, and ultimately lose his interest for hiring someone else.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 3

There are contractors on here that have said they were contacted and hired for a job more then a month later after submitting their proposals. Although that has happened it is a rare occurance.

I notice, also, like you, that many jobs stay open without any hires or with 1 interview. IMO I can't see how an interview can last a month or more and any contractor never getting hired.

I think all jobs should have an automatic expiration date with the opention, when that dates nears, for the client to "renew" their job for a maximum of 2 weeks, at which time it will permenately expire. I've been told that a job does expire automatically after 1 month of inactivity. But that's something I don't quite understand. I have have jobs that I've submitted proposals for that have been open for 3 months with 1 internver and no hirres. But the client activity was 14, or 3 or ??? days ago. Was that "activity" actually looking at proposals for their job? Was that activity just logging into this site (but not going or looking at the proposals)? And why would a client leave a job open and look at it every x amount of days for a 1, 2 or 3 months?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS