🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Start Working
Page options
ariana-bosse
Community Member

Start Working

Hello, 

I'm fairly new to UpWork. I received my an offer for a job. We agreed upon my rate and a contract the client sent. How do I start working? There is nothing located in My Jobs and so I can't log my hours in my Work Diary to start doing the job. Is the client suppose to set something up for me to work with her? Am I suppose to do something on my end? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ariana,

You are not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab.

Once the client sends you an offer, you should review it and accept. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You will be able to see your contracts under the 'My jobs'. You can check this help article for more information about the interviewing and negotiating process. 

When working on Upwork, please make sure that you have a contract with a client before doing any work, and ensuring that they have a verified billing method so that the work you do can be covered by Upwork Payment Protection.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
shaneb76
Community Member

What you mean a client sent you a contract? Did she send you something, or did upwork notify you?

you don't start working until upwork notifies you you have been accepted.

is it an hourly contract or fixed price?

The client sent my a contract via Messages on Upwork. All of our correspondance  has been through Upwork, she initiating the conversation letting me know she was interested in my work after I submitted my proposal to her job offer. Upwork did not notify me. 

It is hourly rate. 

Do I have to ask the client to do something for me to start work? 

Hi Ariana,

You are not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab.

Once the client sends you an offer, you should review it and accept. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You will be able to see your contracts under the 'My jobs'. You can check this help article for more information about the interviewing and negotiating process. 

When working on Upwork, please make sure that you have a contract with a client before doing any work, and ensuring that they have a verified billing method so that the work you do can be covered by Upwork Payment Protection.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Great! This is the answer I was looking for. Wasn't planning on starting anything until I could figure out how the client could pay me. Thank you!

Did you started your work and getting it. From April till now?
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ariana B wrote:

Hello, 

I'm fairly new to UpWork. I received my an offer for a job. We agreed upon my rate and a contract the client sent. How do I start working? There is nothing located in My Jobs and so I can't log my hours in my Work Diary to start doing the job. Is the client suppose to set something up for me to work with her? Am I suppose to do something on my end? 

You receive an offer, then you accept the offer. Otherwise you are not hired. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths