🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Start a new project while working on a projec...
Page options
naveen-gamage
Community Member

Start a new project while working on a project.

Hello,

I'm working on a project with a client. The project is not yet completed. He wants to start another new project. How can I start a new project while working on the previous project?

Kind regards...
Naveen

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sjbercot
Community Member

The client can simply open a second contract for the second project. You would then have two open contracts with this client. Then you can start working as soon as he's funded the first milestone for that project. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sjbercot
Community Member

The client can simply open a second contract for the second project. You would then have two open contracts with this client. Then you can start working as soon as he's funded the first milestone for that project. 

Thank you very much. Smiley Happy

kinector
Community Member

What Sarah said is technically correct.

But a word of concern right there.

What if the first contract faces an issue you cannot solve? Would the client blame you and take revenge... and perhaps close the other one too in anger? That would practically kill your JSS, I'd imagine.

Only go for it if you're 100% sure (not 99% sure) that the client will be happy with your work and will give a 5-star review.

PS. I've never done it. One project at a time. You can always add more milestones to the old one. Safer that way.

Ohh there is an issue. I never thought that it would happen.

I think that's safer to work on more milestones. Thank you very much for your time. 

Definitely a good thing to keep in mind. But ust FYI, Mikko's solution won't work unless the client wants to wait to start the second project until after the first milestone is paid out. The client can't add AND fund milestones to your current contract until the first milestone is paid. (It's never a good idea to work on an unfunded milestone). If the client wants you to work on two separate milestones over the same time period, at this point, they can't do that without opening a second contract. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members