cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting at Upwork

Highlighted
Levi E Member Since: Jun 22, 2016
1 of 7

I just want to ask how does this works? I am just starting and i do not know what to do.

Do i need to take exams or anything to apply for jobs? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
2 of 7

You need a profile first. Yours is empty.

What do you have to offer your clients?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
3 of 7

It looks like you have yourself set up as a client instead of a freelancer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
5 of 7

There is a plethora of documentation on this site (not to mention a wealth of information and advice in the forums), yet the # of questions asking how to start working on the platform seem to be increasing. I'm truly stymied. Perhaps I go about my life in a drastically different way than many, but whenever I am new to something my first step is to learn all I can about said new thing - how it works, what its quirks are, how do people who already know about it use it, etc. I suppose this gets chalked up to my disturbing realization that common sense is not so common after all. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 7

Levi: you can either read the directions or just wait there until one of us comes to your house and gets you set up.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
7 of 7

Hi Levi,

Welcome to the Community. If you are trying to set up your profile as a freelancer you may need to change your account, it appears you have a client account set up. As a new freelancer you may benefit from this online course created to help you get started. The course is broken down into quick 5-10 minute modules and can be taken at your own pace. 

-Lena

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS