🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Stats fluctuation
Page options
digiphics
Community Member

Stats fluctuation

Is anyone else noticing the stats page is fluctuating? My income number is going up and then down. Actually today it said I lost money and that's not the case. Percent of clients that would recommend me is rising 2-3 % daily then drops 6-10% and then up again, the Long-Term clients percent has gone up and down too. I'm tracking this twice a day and it's just weird. UpWork are you guys really destroying code that bad? And I don't think you got the Profile views fixed. I get generally 71 (average) views a day, yet the meter that shows how often a freelancer is viewed is really low. Strange things are amiss in the land of UpWork.

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Gerald S wrote:

Is anyone else noticing the stats page is fluctuating? My income number is going up and then down.

As the Stats page shows 12 month earnings, it is perfectly normal for the earnings to go up and down when income falls out of the 365 day window.

Gerald S wrote:

. Percent of clients that would recommend me is rising 2-3 % daily then drops 6-10% and then up again

That would indeed be odd, if it is the case...

Gerald S wrote:

I get generally 71 (average) views a day

How would you know? That would be extremely high.

I've been seeing strange things in My Stats too.

- The number of views shown for previous weeks in the Views graph keeps changing retroactively. 

- For a few days it said that I'd only applied to 7 jobs in the last 90 days, when the actual number was in the 20s. It then reverted to the correct number. 

- Fluctuations in my Long Term Clients % have been difficult to explain. But course I don't know what Upwork's algorithm is supposed to be.

I wrote:

I've been seeing strange things in My Stats too.

- The number of views shown for previous weeks in the Views graph keeps changing retroactively. 

Ah, it just occurred to me, this might just be because the division into weeks keeps changing. It's Wednesday today, so the figures are for weeks ending Wednesday. Tomorrow the graph will show weeks ending Thursday.

Petra,

Tomorrow is my actual 1 yr anniversary in joining UPWork, the yearly income $ shouldn't drop $280. As for knowing how many views I get, I roll over the view counter and it displays the amount, I average this against weekly and Bi-weekly counts. With getting 71 views on average and the "Amount you were viewed" stats bar being extremely low doesn't make sense.

Gerald S wrote:

With getting 71 views on average and the "Amount you were viewed" stats bar being extremely low doesn't make sense.

It gives the weekly number, not the daily number... (weeky meaning the previous 7 days) That changes every day as it updates to the last 7 days and also that was very very broken not long ago.

You're right, your 12 months earnings should not go down and your clients who would recommend you should not change daily....

Gerald S wrote:

Petra,

Tomorrow is my actual 1 yr anniversary in joining UPWork, the yearly income $ shouldn't drop $280. As for knowing how many views I get, I roll over the view counter and it displays the amount, I average this against weekly and Bi-weekly counts. With getting 71 views on average and the "Amount you were viewed" stats bar being extremely low doesn't make sense.

The views shown in the graph are unsolicited views, basically from clients finding your profile in a search. The "Amount you were viewed" bar is probably based on the number of times clients have clicked through to your profile in response to a proposal from you.

One of the things that makes the bars pretty useless, at least for me, is that they are relative to other freelancers doing jobs in a given category, but the category keeps changing! Because my work doesn't fall neatly into any category, I have 3 categories selected in my profile settings. And the category that my bars are currently relative to ("Among freelancers in Data Science & Analytics") isn't any of those 3! Perhaps this category is the one that has appeared most often in the jobs that I've applied to in the last 90 days.

searchwiz
Community Member

The system isn't transparent and doesn't protect the freelancer. This is why so many people end up leaving disgruntled.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members