🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Stats page bug
Page options
dzadza
Community Member

Stats page bug

I don't know about you guys - but today my stats page  shows update date as Mar 3 - anyone else seeing the same date? 
Another bug? Or stats are reverted back to mar 3? I wouldn't know - I've had the same stats for months, lol

17 REPLIES 17
stellamariss_sb
Community Member

Dear upwork members, 

I hope you are having a good day and a good week. 🙂  I have an issue. My Job Success Score is not updating. It was updated on March 3 (last update) but it has been more than 2 weeks and it is not updating. I was wondering if it is normal or if I need to wait more time? 

Huge hugs

Stellamaris 

Stellamaris S wrote:

I hope you are having a good day and a good week. 🙂  I have an issue. My Job Success Score is not updating. It was updated on March 3 (last update) but it has been more than 2 weeks and it is not updating. I was wondering if it is normal or if I need to wait more time? 

It updated on the 17th, it just says it updated on the third. It is a bug.

Thank you so much dear Petra! 

Lots of hugs! 🙂 

My Success Score is Updated from 87 to 86 But Date Does not Changed ?

On 17 March my Success Score is Updated from 87 to 86 . But Today when i am Going through my Stats , i saw that it was last updated on 3rd March . Whats Going On . Is Anyone Facing this Issue ?  Please Update 

UW did confirm to me that they're aware of the problem Atif so I'm sure they'll sort it out 🙂 

Thanks Bev . Thanks for the Info 

browersr
Community Member

Yes, I noticed the same this morning. Interestingly the "you were hired" stat was very wrong at the same time. Later in the afternoon that stat returned to what I expected, but the "Last updated" is still showing March 3rd. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanja, and Scott, 

I can't confirm yet if this is a bug, or by design but I have asked the team about this. I will get back to you once I have more information. 

ETA: Hi Sanja, and Scott, the Technical Support team would like to look into this further. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out so that this can investigated. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Well, I had noticed the same problem and just checked that my stats are still supposed to have been updated on March 3rd. Last Sunday, for a while it was indicated that they had been updated on March 17th. Rather confusing!

dzadza
Community Member

Hi Avery and thanks much. CS indeed contacted me and informed me that "it appears that the issue is more complex." I'd say  yet another bug 😉 Upwork was really wobbly in the past few months - have you considered changing the platform altogether? I mean - I'm not a programmer, but we have encountered issue after issue - and it's getting worse - not better...I realize that  this is the site with very complex site architecture - but it's not impossible to make it work properly...
...or is it?

browersr
Community Member

Some years ago the site was crashing regularly and otherwise preventing business at every turn. As annoying as these stat bugs are, at least business can continue. I am not excusing the constant bugs related to features that are hardly new, but by way of perspective if you weren't here back then, you have no idea how "good" you have it now. 

hijaziebadsyed
Community Member

Yes, my stats page shows the 'Last Update Date' on 3 March. I think many freelancers are facing this problem because I saw one more thread about the same issue.
kjscostello
Community Member

I assumed this was an ongoing bug. I'm facing the same issue. Switched to March 17th for a few days, then back to March 3rd. Similarly, my stats changed for a day, and then back to the same they've been for the last  3-4 weeks (since the stat page bugs started). 

Yeah, mine has reverted as well although the profile views is current.

The same "magic" date in my profile as well. 

>> Upwork was really wobbly in the past few months

That's an understatement.

>> have you considered changing the platform altogether?
>> I mean - I'm not a programmer, but we have encountered issue after issue

I'm sure this would be very costly for Upwork so this option is probably the last they'll consider.

I am a programmer and since the system was created years ago, yes, it is likely complex. The problem is many programmers having had a hand in the code, each with their own ideas and ways of doing things. I would not be surprised if there's no documentation. It doesn't help that there's probably legacy (no to mention spaguetti) code written in ways that would not be done today. But, it works (at least this part and this part works) so let's not change it. It becomes a problem trying to integrate other functions into it. If the database structure was shaky to start with, as is possible, then it can all come crashing down. I've seen it happen, well nearly if I did not fix it before it did for a mission-critical app. Rebuilt the database properly and rewrote what was 20 pages of code into 1.5 pages.

If that is the case at UW, I'd look at every system to see if it's built solidly or not. I'd probably blow the whole thing up and start over using modern tools, start with design specifications written out. It may be the only way to make it work the way it was intended.

As of this evening, the update date is back to the correct 3/17. We'll see if that remains until the next update.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths