Hi Avery and thanks much. CS indeed contacted me and informed me that "it appears that the issue is more complex." I'd say yet another bug ;-) Upwork was really wobbly in the past few months - have you considered changing the platform altogether? I mean - I'm not a programmer, but we have encountered issue after issue - and it's getting worse - not better...I realize that this is the site with very complex site architecture - but it's not impossible to make it work properly...
...or is it?
Some years ago the site was crashing regularly and otherwise preventing business at every turn. As annoying as these stat bugs are, at least business can continue. I am not excusing the constant bugs related to features that are hardly new, but by way of perspective if you weren't here back then, you have no idea how "good" you have it now.
I assumed this was an ongoing bug. I'm facing the same issue. Switched to March 17th for a few days, then back to March 3rd. Similarly, my stats changed for a day, and then back to the same they've been for the last 3-4 weeks (since the stat page bugs started).
>> Upwork was really wobbly in the past few months
That's an understatement.
>> have you considered changing the platform altogether?
>> I mean - I'm not a programmer, but we have encountered issue after issue
I'm sure this would be very costly for Upwork so this option is probably the last they'll consider.
I am a programmer and since the system was created years ago, yes, it is likely complex. The problem is many programmers having had a hand in the code, each with their own ideas and ways of doing things. I would not be surprised if there's no documentation. It doesn't help that there's probably legacy (no to mention spaguetti) code written in ways that would not be done today. But, it works (at least this part and this part works) so let's not change it. It becomes a problem trying to integrate other functions into it. If the database structure was shaky to start with, as is possible, then it can all come crashing down. I've seen it happen, well nearly if I did not fix it before it did for a mission-critical app. Rebuilt the database properly and rewrote what was 20 pages of code into 1.5 pages.
If that is the case at UW, I'd look at every system to see if it's built solidly or not. I'd probably blow the whole thing up and start over using modern tools, start with design specifications written out. It may be the only way to make it work the way it was intended.