Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stats page bug

Ace Contributor
Pierre L Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
11 of 18

>> Upwork was really wobbly in the past few months

That's an understatement.

>> have you considered changing the platform altogether?
>> I mean - I'm not a programmer, but we have encountered issue after issue

I'm sure this would be very costly for Upwork so this option is probably the last they'll consider.

I am a programmer and since the system was created years ago, yes, it is likely complex. The problem is many programmers having had a hand in the code, each with their own ideas and ways of doing things. I would not be surprised if there's no documentation. It doesn't help that there's probably legacy (no to mention spaguetti) code written in ways that would not be done today. But, it works (at least this part and this part works) so let's not change it. It becomes a problem trying to integrate other functions into it. If the database structure was shaky to start with, as is possible, then it can all come crashing down. I've seen it happen, well nearly if I did not fix it before it did for a mission-critical app. Rebuilt the database properly and rewrote what was 20 pages of code into 1.5 pages.

If that is the case at UW, I'd look at every system to see if it's built solidly or not. I'd probably blow the whole thing up and start over using modern tools, start with design specifications written out. It may be the only way to make it work the way it was intended.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
12 of 18

As of this evening, the update date is back to the correct 3/17. We'll see if that remains until the next update.

Stellamaris S Member Since: May 17, 2018
13 of 18

Dear upwork members, 

I hope you are having a good day and a good week. Smiley Happy  I have an issue. My Job Success Score is not updating. It was updated on March 3 (last update) but it has been more than 2 weeks and it is not updating. I was wondering if it is normal or if I need to wait more time? 

Huge hugs

Stellamaris 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 18

Stellamaris S wrote:

I hope you are having a good day and a good week. Smiley Happy  I have an issue. My Job Success Score is not updating. It was updated on March 3 (last update) but it has been more than 2 weeks and it is not updating. I was wondering if it is normal or if I need to wait more time? 

It updated on the 17th, it just says it updated on the third. It is a bug.

Stellamaris S Member Since: May 17, 2018
15 of 18

Thank you so much dear Petra! 

Lots of hugs! Smiley Happy 

Ace Contributor
Atif S Member Since: Oct 26, 2018
16 of 18

My Success Score is Updated from 87 to 86 But Date Does not Changed ?

On 17 March my Success Score is Updated from 87 to 86 . But Today when i am Going through my Stats , i saw that it was last updated on 3rd March . Whats Going On . Is Anyone Facing this Issue ?  Please Update 

Ace Contributor
Bev C Member Since: Jan 2, 2018
17 of 18

UW did confirm to me that they're aware of the problem Atif so I'm sure they'll sort it out :-) 

Ace Contributor
Atif S Member Since: Oct 26, 2018
18 of 18

Thanks Bev . Thanks for the Info 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS