🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Stay Away from Upwork AnyHire
Page options
bad352b9
Community Member

Stay Away from Upwork AnyHire

According to Upwork documentation and support, Fixed-price contracts once approved stay in Escrow for 5 days. My pending payment was approved and released by client on 27th July, appeared in my pending tab on 1st August with a Date of 5th August but today (5th August) the payment date has suddenly changed to 8th August.  So escrow doesn't take 5 days ? It takes 7 days? and what is stopping Upwork from changing the date again on 8th August ? I'm sure once payment is available it will "take upto 8 days" without being received and I'll have to post here and wait another 8 days. So it will have taken about a month to receive payment for work my client already approved. This is unnecessarily frustrating , you have just taken payroll and made it slower and unreliable.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bad352b9
Community Member

It finally worked. If you're reading this work with 12 days for your payment to become available after client release. That way you can plan around that and avoid frustration.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the payment. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
zolamk
Community Member

Eric M wrote:

According to Upwork documentation and support, Fixed-price contracts once approved stay in Escrow for 5 days. My pending payment was approved and released by client on 27th July, appeared in my pending tab on 1st August with a Date of 5th August but today (5th August) the payment date has suddenly changed to 8th August.  So escrow doesn't take 5 days ? It takes 7 days? and what is stopping Upwork from changing the date again on 8th August ? I'm sure once payment is available it will "take upto 8 days" without being received and I'll have to post here and wait another 8 days. So it will have taken about a month to receive payment for work my client already approved. This is unnecessarily frustrating , you have just taken payroll and made it slower and unreliable.

This is happening to me as well, it shouldn't be as the hold period is clearly stated here as 4 days.

bad352b9
Community Member

It's very unfortunate. Disregard anything you read in their documentation as it only helps them create justification for payment delays. Check on this community for another common issue about the "Trust & Safety" team disabling withdrawals for weeks lol. 

bad352b9
Community Member

It finally worked. If you're reading this work with 12 days for your payment to become available after client release. That way you can plan around that and avoid frustration.

How has it been since then? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths