cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still there hope to get jobs, Improve, although I have 64% JSS?!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shehab A Member Since: Sep 18, 2018
1 of 8

Hi,

I was wondering if there Is a way to come back and get work from clients in order to increase my JSS from 64% to be as a Top rated freelancer
I have really the passion and skills to qualify to that, but it was just some misunderstanding of this fool JSS and how
it works probably until I read hundreds of Q&A here in CS and and articles to understand more about the problems I faced which causes my JSS to drop too much at first, Maybe is there some hope? and any tips to get more jobs in order to Increase my JSS to where I want or at least where It had been 91%

Thanks

Community Leader
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
2 of 8

Do you have any hidden job which we can't see in your profile. In your profile, you have all 5 stars except one which is 4.40. If you don't have any hidden job which has negetive feedback or no feedback, the JSS should not be 64%. It must will effects on winning a job. If all of those are five stars except one 4.40, you should immediately communicate with a sopporter from "Help & Support" of Upwork. There might have some bug! You should ask them to solve this immediately!

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
3 of 8
Shehab,
What is your "Clients who would recommend you" percentage on your "My Stats" page?
Ace Contributor
4 of 8

It states 75%

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8

Shehab A wrote:

I was wondering if there Is a way to come back and get work from clients in order to increase my JSS from 64% to be as a Top rated freelancer

Yes. I may take a few months but we have seen people get back from less than that to 100% and top rated.

It can be done.

Choose your clients very carefully.

Don't accept a contract until you have what you need to successfully work on it, and understand / agree the scope.

Do a stellar job on every contract.

Ace Contributor
6 of 8

well Thank you Petra, Can it be true that my JSS dropped that much because of a bug on Upwork?
I still do not know the reason of that big drop in my JSS

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 8

Shehab A wrote:

well Thank you Petra, Can it be true that my JSS dropped that much because of a bug on Upwork?
I still do not know the reason of that big drop in my JSS

I wouldn't think so.  With so few completed contracts every one has a really big impact. All you can do is soldier on and be very, very careful in your choice of clients and projects.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
8 of 8

Shehab A wrote:

Hi,

I have really the passion and skills to qualify to that, but it was just some misunderstanding of this fool JSS and how
it works probably until I read hundreds of Q&A here in CS and and articles to understand more about the problems I faced which causes my JSS to drop too much at first, Maybe is there some hope? and any tips to get more jobs in order to Increase my JSS to where I want or at least where It had been 91%

Thanks

No matter how the cookie crumbles, a bad JSS is not owed to how stupid JSS calculations are or that  you lacked understanding of it at the beginning, or that there is a bug. It all boils down to clients not being happy enough. Until you adress the underlying reasons for that, you are free to complain and get paranoid, as many have done before you in the forum, but nothing will change. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS