🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Stolen overview - again
Page options
colettelewis
Community Member

Stolen overview - again

My overview has been stolen by a Bangladeshi FL. I imagine it was exactly this that allowed his profile to be accepted in the first place.

Should I be flattered? No I am not. I have flagged it as inappropriate, but just to keep my BP down, if there is a mod available, I would appreciate it if  they could message me and then escalate this to the appropriate "team" and ensure that I am not accused of lying, as I was the last time my overview was stolen. 

11 REPLIES 11
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

For my own edification, how did you discover this?

Phyllis G wrote:

For my own edification, how did you discover this?

Take a few lines from your overview and Google it.

petra_r
Community Member

Nichola L wrote:

My overview has been stolen by a Bangladeshi FL. I imagine it was exactly this that allowed his profile to be accepted in the first place.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** who "borrowed" your overview

Petra R wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

**Edited for Community Guidelines** who "borrowed" your overview

Sheesh! Thank you, Petra!

Mods would you please help me out here! 

mtngigi
Community Member

@petra_r wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

**Edited for Community Guidelines** who "borrowed" your overview

Hopefully not for long ... I just flagged him. Let's all do that.

They need to stop accepting profiles without first taking some simple, basic steps.  Smiley Frustrated

ETA: They need to stop accepting profiles without first taking some simple, basic steps to verify whether or not someone is honest, or a lying scumbag who has no problem stealing other people's words. Upwork, it takes literally seconds to do this. Do you really need writers who can't be bothered to actually write their own overviews? I hope those profiles get booted off the site, they do not deserve to be here.

mtngigi
Community Member

Nichola L wrote:

Should I be flattered? No I am not. I have flagged it as inappropriate, but just to keep my BP down, if there is a mod available, I would appreciate it if  they could message me and then escalate this to the appropriate "team" and ensure that I am not accused of lying, as I was the last time my overview was stolen. 

Tip of the iceberg, eh Nichola?**Edited for Community Guidelines** You should send a direct PM to one of the mods ... that might be more effective.

I just flagged this post. 😉 

The last time I reported that my profile had been stolen, I was accused of lying by the "investigating team". 

Nichola L wrote:

The last time I reported that my profile had been stolen, I was accused of lying by the "investigating team". 

Well, **Edited for Community Guidelines** was created November 2018, yours is ancient, so it is quite clear who copied what...

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Nichola,

Could you please send me a PM with the profile you discovered? I would like to follow up on it. The account Petra reported is already being reviewed.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Nichola,

Could you please send me a PM with the profile you discovered? I would like to follow up on it. The account Petra reported is already being reviewed.

Thank you Valeria,

I have just sent you a PM. 

Thank you everyone, for support and input. The problem has been resolved! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths