Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped receiving emails

Ace Contributor
Bruno C Member Since: Nov 14, 2014
1 of 16

Hello everyone.

As I believe many of you do, I visit oDesk homepage quite often in order to search for jobs to apply. However, besides that, I didn't have to worry with any messages/interview invitations/new milestones/etc because I used to receive an email everytime any of that happened.

Until a few days ago. For some reason I stopped receiving emails with oDesk notifications. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Thank you!

Bruno.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 16

Update: I just came across another thread, and apparently there have been system-wide issues with the notification system. Again.  So, for the moment, I'd advise using non-Odesk email to contact client's, if that is applicable to your situation.

That has happend to me a couple of times. Once it took an entire 24 hours for an official job invite notification to appear in my non-Odesk email. (By then I had accepted the job and was already working).

If this has been happening for several days, try contacting support.

Note: you haven't adjusted your notification settings, right?

Ace Contributor
Sadak N Member Since: Jan 30, 2010
3 of 16

Yes, I had the same problem too. I used to receive emails saying that a client approved the payment or when he assign a new milestone. Now, I do not receive any notifications.  I have to go to "My jobs" to see if payments are approved or not!!

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
4 of 16

It's been happening around here on and off for a few years really.

I never rely on receiving email notifications, I log directly in my oDesk account, which kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 16

Hi All,

There is currently an issue with email notifications and our Engineering Team is working to fix it. I would suggest you submit a request to Customer Support to receive updates from our Team about this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Vlad R Member Since: Jul 4, 2015
6 of 16

Same problem here - no longer receiving emails for messages. 

Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
7 of 16

Using the mobile app might solve the problem. I'm using it on Android and it works like a charm. Never missed a client message.

Ace Contributor
Mariam Fatima Z Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
8 of 16

Hi Cristian,

I have the Android app installed, but there's no indication when a message is received. I have to open the app and refresh it every time, only then do new messages appear, if any.

Is it the same for you?

Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
9 of 16

Hello Mariam,

No, I don't have to refresh the app or do anything else.  Each time I receive a message I instantly get notified.

Ace Contributor
Mariam Fatima Z Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
10 of 16

I'm not receiving Upwork notifications either (again). I started getting them again last month but since the last few days the issue has resurfaced.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS