🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Strange Job in my Jobs list?
Page options
kimberlyeddy
Community Member

Strange Job in my Jobs list?

Hi Everyone, I have a strange problem. I was looking through my reports and noticed a job in my list of jobs that I remember sending a proposal for. At the time of the proposal, I talked to the client; she told me later she was going with someone else, and but she's showing up in my jobs?!? I only recently realized that open jobs mean a lower success score (I hate that by the way...I have a few clients who have contracts with me for a few hours of as needed work per week. Why am I penalized for that?), and so it's annoying to have a job that I know I didn't agree to. 

Is this a glitch? I know I didn't accept a contract with her. I clearly remember being declined. 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Kimberly E wrote:

I only recently realized that open jobs mean a lower success score (

They do no such thing.

Kimberly E wrote:

(I hate that by the way...I have a few clients who have contracts with me for a few hours of as needed work per week. Why am I penalized for that?),

You're not. In fact, the opposite is the case! Long term contracts (with reular payments) help your JSS. And you can always just close a contract yourself.

I have no idea whether, and if so, why there is a job shoing in your jobs you believe never to have accepted, but if it is there, it is doing no harm.

You can see all the things that happened in a contract by going to the specific contract under My Jobs, going to the Terms & Settings tab and clicking on "View history of contract changes". That's where you can see when you accepted it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Kimberly E wrote:

I only recently realized that open jobs mean a lower success score (

They do no such thing.

Kimberly E wrote:

(I hate that by the way...I have a few clients who have contracts with me for a few hours of as needed work per week. Why am I penalized for that?),

You're not. In fact, the opposite is the case! Long term contracts (with reular payments) help your JSS. And you can always just close a contract yourself.

I have no idea whether, and if so, why there is a job shoing in your jobs you believe never to have accepted, but if it is there, it is doing no harm.

You can see all the things that happened in a contract by going to the specific contract under My Jobs, going to the Terms & Settings tab and clicking on "View history of contract changes". That's where you can see when you accepted it.

kimberlyeddy
Community Member

Thanks, Petra. I see that it says I accepted but I clearly remember her sending me a "we went with someone else" note, not a contract. And she's not made contact since. Weird.

Regarding the long-term clients...it is not regular payments. It's sporadic. Some of them are once a month they have me do things. Another one keeps me on to make small tweaks to a card deck she's building out, and every time she gets a new proof printed she makes a few changes...1-2 months between contact. My job success score is now at 95, even though they are all happy with me. It's annoying. 

Kimberly E wrote:

Regarding the long-term clients...it is not regular payments. It's sporadic. Some of them are once a month they have me do things. Another one keeps me on to make small tweaks to a card deck she's building out, and every time she gets a new proof printed she makes a few changes...1-2 months between contact. 

That has absolitely NO negative effect on your JSS at all. None. The one with once a month or so is actually propping yur JSS up!

Kimberly E wrote:

My job success score is now at 95, even though they are all happy with me. It's annoying. 

It's 96% and 96% is excellent.

But what made it drop from 100% was private feedback that wasn't quite as enthusiastic as the public feedback. Chances are that happened around the same time a client knocked off a star for skills?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths