🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Strange customer
Page options
mar_maksym
Community Member

Strange customer

The client changes the job description and hires new freelancers for the same project. Is this normal?

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maksym,

Feel free to share more details with me via PM (click on my name) so that our team can investigate this further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bilsim
Community Member

Possible options:

-   they were not happy with freelancers hired previously

-   they need more than one freelancer for the same project

-   something in their project changed  which prompted them to edit the description and hire further

What's the project about?

petra_r
Community Member

Is it a featured job post? I have seen clients "recycle" featured job posts so they lbecome totally different posts, which allows the client to hire for several roles paying for the "featured" job post only once.

Job description completely changed. Only skills and experience part leaved. The customer just stopped answering and I closed the milestone. I wanted to leave a review and the description is completely changed, in my profile now a project on Laravel + PHP in which I do not understand at all. I think it's still not normal and I'm curious how many times a client can change the description, how many people he can hire, what we will see in our profiles and how we then have to put all the feedback.

Maksym M wrote:

how many times a client can change the description, how many people he can hire

As often as they like and as many as they like.

As often as they like and as many as they like.

Sure, they can hire as many as they need, but in same project. I'm reading a new job description and not sure that it's same project where I have worked. Today it's PHP, tomorrow it will be C++, testing, translating etc. And it will be showed in my profile.

Oh it happened in the middle of  an open project? Yes, I think they can   edit and change it as they see fit, but they should   communicate the changes to you if it's an open, ongoing contract with you. Was there a period of   contract idleness before they did this?   Have you communicated your concerns to them? I suppose they're not replying.    

They are online and don't answer. I don't know when exactly it was changed, but 100% after I have started work on a project. They are silent, they have not fulfilled all the agreements, I always emphasize that the work is done only through Upwork, and here is not the work in the description that I did. Now I am worried about my not so great reputation, because the client is doing something unknown.

Maksym M wrote:

Now I am worried about my not so great reputation.

How is it affecting your reputation?

How is it affecting your reputation?

For the first it's work in my profile which I did not perform. Secondly, the client behaves strangely, this is my suspicions and feelings, but I do not expect anything good from this person.

Maksym, nobody here knows the situation as well as you so. You have the best guess.

Option 1. It's about you. You did something that the client didn't appreciate. You must have the ability to reflect and the intelligence to realize it.

Option 2. It's not about you. It's a completely different thing. Whatever you did, didn't do, or might have done, would probably have made no difference.

So, just focus on the next thing, do great stuff, and make happy customers.

Some people have no clue about what, how or why they do what they do. Overanalysing it is a complete waste of your precious time. Turn that time into business instead! 😉

Less worries, better business for you.

Keep going, man!! 👍
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths