🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Strange feedback
Page options
bogdan2019
Community Member

Strange feedback

I worked with client on a small task half a year ago. I finished task, client was satisfied and even gave me bonus payment. He said he want to left contract open because in the future he would have another tasks. After half year he closed contract gave 3.8 stars and wrote ""I Never spoke with the freelance. There is nothing to report I canceled the job." Also when the client closed contract, I tried to write feedback but couldn't. I thought that this was a bug and didn't pay attention. But after 2 weeks saw his review which made me confused.
I tried to contact with him, but looks like he not often use upwork.
Not sure what I should do now.
Is it usefool to delete this feedback or better to wait for client to respond (what is reasonable time to wait?)? As it was small project it will have small influence on JSS ( as I understand), so maybe I should simply forget about this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

I wouldn't worry about it as it hasn't affected your JSS.

The last update was on the 4rth, if it was going to affect your JSS it would have done by now.

No point wasting your perk on removing it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
roberty1y
Community Member

Maybe the client discovered some fault with your work later on. Either way, you have the choice of removing the feedback or of saving the perk for a bigger job with bad feedback. This job is only 0.5 percent of your total earnings, so the feedback shouldn't have too much of an effect on your JSS even if you leave it there.

petra_r
Community Member

I wouldn't worry about it as it hasn't affected your JSS.

The last update was on the 4rth, if it was going to affect your JSS it would have done by now.

No point wasting your perk on removing it.

I forgot to look at the date. Of course, if it was going to affect his JSS, it would have done so by now.

Thanks for reply. But as I understand for Ukrainians JSS score don't decrease now because of war. Therefore, I am not sure whether this will have negative effect in the future or not.

They've frozen Ukrainian freelancers' JSS? That's the first I've heard of this. JSS is updated every two weeks, so you've gone past the stage where this feedback can have any effect on it anyway. 

Don't overthink it. Just focus on completing more and more jobs and staying safe. Take care.

chillynguyen
Community Member

Maybe the client mistaken you with someone else.

Anyway, just in my opinion, if I were a client and saw that 3.2 star job's feedback and your reply, I'd still think that you are not a bad freelancer.

If the points were higher, like 4.5 or something but the feedback were bad, like "this freelancer submitted a bad 3D model. Don't waste your money on him.", I'd run away as a client and never look back.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members