cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange job postings, possible scam?

hrvojekc
Hrvoje B Member Since: Oct 12, 2016
1 of 6

I'm a web developer and my job feed is swamped in posts linking to an external site with job offers. Before it was few now and then but now it is most of the job feed are those job offers.

The offers have mostly the same content but change the coutry and all links lead to the **Edited for Community Guidelines** site.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

I took at look at the screenshot. This definitely looks like spam, and if I saw this in my job feed, I would flag it as such.

hrvojekc
3 of 6

Yeah, that would be a full time job currently. Flaged a lot of them but they still appear in my job feed. Now they changed a few content templates but all end up on the same job listing site.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 6

It's definitely not your responsibility to clean up Upwork's job listings. I don't blame you if you're annoyed by this.

The situation is that currently your job feed is messed up by this job-spammer. You'll have to focus on other ways to search for jobs, using the advanced search, etc.

This kind of job-spamming usually doesn't last. The spammer will be dealt with and blocked by Upwork. If the problem persists for more than a few days, definitely post more about it here in the Forum. This is a serious issue that impacts more people than just yourself, no doubt.

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Hrvoje,

I've reached out to my team and the jobs you saw were removed from the platform. Thanks for the heads-up.

hrvojekc
6 of 6

Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS