🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Strategies for recieving invitations
Page options
amy-houston
Community Member

Strategies for recieving invitations

Upwork community I have a few questions:

1. I have top rated plus with a 97% job success score. I don't have visible negative feedback but I took on two contracts that I had to end. The mutual expectations on those projects just were not being met and I felt I did not have the right skills ultimately. This may be affecting my job score but how can I get any unseen negative feedback removed so that the score will improve? 

2. Would linking my Upwork profile with my facebook page and also a Wordpress blog help me get more invitations? I have been sending out proposals selectively since my last large project ended but I have not had any invitations. It could be my fault because the last book I finished took my full attention and I was unavailable for 90 days. I have updated my profile however assuming that would help with the invitations. 

How do I establish these links?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Andrew thank you very much. That is very helpful. I ghost write health and wellness books so what you have said is probably true. I just need to keep trying for the right fit and increase my proposal to contract ratio. It is reassuring to know that clients are forgiving if your JSS is not 100%. It makes sense that a job well done is the priority.

Thanks again and all the best

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
02d3e798
Community Member

Hi Amy 

If you really want to get the unseen feedback removed you can ask for one contract to be removed as you are a top rated person, however, if you have no visible negative feedback you would have to guess which contract gave you the negative feedback as you will never know what was said privately on any contract.

Having said that you have a score of 97% which is very high. I think here in this freelancer world it seems to be a freelancer belief that we should have 100% but from a clients perspective I haven't found that its as important as you showing you can complete their task well. 

Its summer so natuarally I think their will be slightly less tasks available and I do not know your sector to guess how many applications you need to make to get a job. I tend to find I run at about 10:1 if that is any help. Just keep on applying and a suitable job will be out there.

Best wishes Andrew

Andrew thank you very much. That is very helpful. I ghost write health and wellness books so what you have said is probably true. I just need to keep trying for the right fit and increase my proposal to contract ratio. It is reassuring to know that clients are forgiving if your JSS is not 100%. It makes sense that a job well done is the priority.

Thanks again and all the best

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

My JSS dipped from 100 to 97 last year, for no reason I could discern. After a few months, it went back to 100, again for no reason I could see. (To be clear, I'm not implying it was random or reason-less. There are just so many variables in play at any given time that it's not always possible to determine causality.) I don't think it had any effect at all on the quantity or quality of invitations I received or on clients' responses to my unsolicited bids.

All that to say, things ebb and flow. I don't believe the difference between 100 and 97 makes a difference. (90 and 87 is a different matter.) It took me a few years on the platform for the ratio of viable invitations to trash to tip in my favor, and it's still shifty. You gotta work the project listings. 

Also, FWIW, when I see a solid list of 'private earnings' I always wonder whether the FL is working for much less than their posted rate, which from a client's perspective, is a turnoff. Why else hide your earnings? 

Phyllis - The JSS you see is the best of 4 JSS's - they calculate 6mth,12mth,24mth JSSs (if you have been on the platform long enough) and a "trending" JSS (3mth+6mth)/2 . They display your best score of the 4 so your score probably went back to 100 when the reducing factor(s) were older than 6 mths.

Phyllis thanks, that takes the mystery out of the JSS. Very helpful!

Have a great weekend

Thank you very much. You are right. I am probably not working the project
listings hard enough. Also your point about private earnings is well taken.

Have a great weekend
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths