🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Stripped ff my rising talent badge
Page options
42dd7044
Community Member

Stripped ff my rising talent badge

I can't believe upwork stripped off my rising talent badge

recently my account was placed on hold (suspended) , now resolved. Due to billing method error. I have been purchasing connects using my upwork fund but decided since my personal account is funded, why don't i use my own money in my local bank to buy connects. Guess what, my card got declined and my account officer later informed me i can't use a naira card to process a usd payment and advice I get a usd card. Keep in mind this wasn't known to me and I lost a badge over that??? How is that a violation. Honestly I'm not angry just disappointed as i don't deserve that. I don't think error in payment deserves suspension. And to top it all the connects I spent money to buy to send 20proposal , we're not returned as all those proposals were withdrawn. I had to get new ones. Now I feel I have been shadow banned after this suspension thingy. If I get a job, interview or offer soon then I'll know I'm not.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's just the way upwork works, so you have to accept that. Your profile is not hidden. 

You already have three finished jobs, so that gives you credibility. Don't worry about rising talent, it is not important. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
42dd7044
Community Member

Also I think that badge has helped get jobs I got before. I already fear no one will hire me due to my nationality, that doesn't mean I'm not a pro at my niche but I just felt the badge helped me secure those jobs and client felt secure to trust me to do those jobs. Now what do i do

It's just the way upwork works, so you have to accept that. Your profile is not hidden. 

You already have three finished jobs, so that gives you credibility. Don't worry about rising talent, it is not important. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members