🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Studing Abroad
Page options
mischief37
Community Member

Studing Abroad

So i am in a little bit of a pickle here. So i am in japan and do not have my normal phone number. I also do not want to use my japan adreass mainly because i am at a homestay. Is there anyway for my to verify through email?

3 REPLIES 3
jr-translation
Community Member

Nathan G wrote:

So i am in a little bit of a pickle here. So i am in japan and do not have my normal phone number. I also do not want to use my japan adreass mainly because i am at a homestay. Is there anyway for my to verify through email?

Your profile says you are in the US. 
You have to use the address you are living if that is for a longer period. When you are living abroad then it is that address. The email is used to reach you, not to verify you.

BTW: Have you check if you are allowed to work as a freelancer while in Japan?

Jason, you will indeed be in a pickle, unless you can get your stories straight.Upwork will eventually insist on verification (your account will be temporarily suspended until you do). I also think you will add to your pickle status if you offer your services as a Japanese to English translator, when you are still "learning" Japanese. I think you need to define exactly what your skills are, before bidding for any jobs on Upwork.   

petra_r
Community Member

Nathan G wrote:

How can you hope to verify that you are in the USA when you clearly aren't?

Your profile has to truthfully represent who and what and where you are. You are in Japan, so your profile can't claim that you are in the USA.

That would be untrue, aka "a lie.!"

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members